What is the pain?
Pain is a physical ailment. There are several types of pain, and each of them has its own special character and origin.
Types of pain
What is the pain?
- Chronic pain is usually pain that persists for 3-6 months. This kind of pain leads to a disorder of the vegetative system, that is, a person is constantly tired, does not sleep and eats, comes in depression.
- Acute pain is usually short-lived, and serves as a warning of the danger of illness or injury. It has a peculiarity to concentrate on a certain area, and then it spreads.
Chronic pain is also divided into subtypes:
- Psychogenic pain - pain that has arisen in the absence of any injuries and lesions, and is associated with functional disorders.
- Somatic pain - pain that occurs in the ligaments, joints, blood vessels. In these areas, due to the lack of pain receptors, dull pain is characteristic. An example of this is fractures or sprains of the joints.
- Nociceptive pain is also a type of chronic pain, and is characterized by the activation of specific pain fibers. With such pains, somatic nerves are usually involved, and therefore, the pain has a pressing or aching character.
- Due to a disease or damage to nerve tissue, neuropathic (neuropathic) pain occurs. This type of pain can affect the sensitivity of the nerves, and therefore, the brain may not properly understand the pain impulses. A prominent example of neuropathic pain is toothache.
However, it must be remembered that any pain is a signal that something is wrong with the body, and therefore it cannot be ignored.
Lemon zest seasoning - the secret of famous chefs
At first I did not understand what it was
The art of bulk embroidery
How to charge the battery
How to attach a garland on the window
How to decorate the facade of a building or house for the New Year