What is the payol and where it is applied
Payol (sometimes there are forms of "pael", "payol"), or slan - removable flooring, most often of wood, placed on the bottom of ships, boats.
Types and features of payol
Lightweight PVC foam flooring, does not swell even with prolonged contact with moisture. Slan, inexpensive and practical device in use. The deflection is insignificant, depends on the thickness of the plate, is compensated by the water at the bottom of the boat.
Hard payol made of aluminum. Products made of this metal are characterized by high durability, resistance to aggressive effects. The disadvantage of such structures is noise, and increased heat emission, which in the heat or frost causes inconvenience. To combat these shortcomings, you can use an additional coating of rubber or other non-slip material.
Despite the hollowness, inflatable options are tough. This is provided by air pressure. They are durable, compact when folded.The positive side of this type of flooring is to give extra buoyancy to the ship. Lack of possibility of damage by sharp objects.
Recently, another type of inflatable flooring appeared - inflatable bottom with low pressure. The peculiarity is that the deck and the bottom are one. The rigidity of the structure ensures the presence of internal partitions that serve as a frame in an inflated state. Using this design, you can reduce the weight of the boat, increase its speed and throughput.
The easiest and cheapest option. Represent a flooring of slats, plywood, sheathed with waterproof fabric. Differ in the small weight, simplicity of assembly. You can make artisanal way. The material often serves marine plywood. Such a moisture absorption layer is minimized, it is durable, does not slip, and is easy to clean. It has sound insulation parameters with low weight. Moisture protection required.
- Payol folding type. Easy to fit into slots. No rigidity, planing with this type is uncomfortable, therefore, requires the use of stringers. Suitable for budget boats that are not intended for serious exploitation.
- Hard, has in the design of the H-profile. Inexpensive and unreliable option.It consists of plywood sheets with a small joint surface. Stringers are used to give stiffness and reliability.
- Hard, folding with aluminum grooves. It takes a lot of space, has a significant weight and cost. But for durability and reliability - the best option.
What is the bottom of the boat to choose? Pros and cons of different options
When choosing a floor-panel, you must be guided by the watercraft where it will be installed.
Rack floor, inflatable, rigid with n-profile is used in small vessels.
If the size of the vessel is more than three meters, install folding decks with stringers or with aluminum grooves and an increased connection surface. Inflatable keel vessels require the installation of a rigid floor model. PVC boats of increased capacity are equipped with payoli from the manufacturer, it is not recommended to replace them with other types.
For calm water bodies, the rigidity of the floorboard does not matter. For fishing on a quiet lake, you can get by with an affordable and simple structure assembled by yourself. If the vessel is supposed to be operated in the conditions of a large wave, in this case reliability comes first.A solid bottom of marine plywood and aluminum is installed.
How to make payol most - step by step plan
Before you begin to make a lamp with your own hands, you need to choose the material with which you will work. Usually it is plywood or a hard sheet of plastic.
Consider the independent production of plywood board.
- We measure the size of the bottom of the boat, given the gaps.
- We make a pattern of rubber or linoleum. The pattern is easier to work with than the drawing. In addition, it is useful at the final stage as a gasket.
- We cut out a piece of a piece from the sheet, treating the edges with a file so that there are no burrs. If the plywood is not impregnated, it should be treated with protective impregnation.
- We connect the parts together. For this purpose, we use loops and make an "accordion" of the parts. Fasten the hinges with countersunk head bolts.
- We process the assembled structure. We do this with a file and sandpaper. It is useful to glue the ends. It is advisable to cover the plywood yacht varnish.
- We install a gasket (pattern) between the bottom of the boat and the pad.
If the boat is small, on which you fish or ride in calm weather,It makes no sense to buy an expensive corporate payol. You can make it yourself from inexpensive materials at home. It can be pieces of plywood, plastic. You can use both loops and ordinary rope for the connection.
There are many types of payol. The choice of a particular model depends on many factors. First of all, you need to think about reliability and safety.
How to decorate the facade of a building or house for the New Year
How to grow nails at home
Congratulations on September 1 to the pupils of the school from teachers, parents, grandparents and grandfathers. Poems, prose, funny pictures and short SMS to the Day of Knowledge-2016
How nice to admit to a guy in his feelings
Why make promises
Knitted Carmen swimsuit