What can be made from frozen pumpkin?
How to freeze and defrost the pumpkin
Before proceeding to the question of what can be cooked from thawed pumpkin, let's figure out how to properly freeze this "solar berry." The easiest way -freezing slices:
- The raw fresh pumpkin is peeled and cut into cubes about 2 x 2 cm.
- Freeze for 2 hours on a board lined with parchment: the pieces should be laid out in one layer and not touch each other.
- Frozen pieces are placed in a special bag or container and are stored in a freezer compartment.
- In this way, the frozen pieces of pumpkin will not stick together among themselves, to prepare the dish it is enough to defrost the required amount.
The disadvantage of this method is a long time to freeze even one large fruit, and if there are several? In addition, when defrosting due to the water contained in the pumpkin, the pieces are likely to become watery and unattractive. Yes, and pumpkin sliced in this way takes a lot of space in the freezer.
Frozen pumpkin saves almost all vitamins and nutrients
More compact way will bestorage of grated pumpkinorfinished mashed potatoes. Alas, this method is not without drawbacks: cooking a semi-finished product on a grater will take a lot of time, although a meat grinder or food processor can significantly speed up the process. And in any case, a lot of pumpkin juice flows down. Grated pumpkin is decomposed into packages or containers and frozen.
How to defrost a pumpkinfor cooking various dishes? Depending on the method of freezing, there are several options:
- Pieces usually do not unfrozen by themselves, because they are dehydrated and spread: they are put in boiling water or milk (for example, when preparing porridge).
- Grated frozen pumpkin is also not thawed separately, it is put in dishes at the end of cooking.
- Frozen pumpkin puree (the recipe is given below) is thawed in the microwave or on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator at a temperature of 6-8 ° C.
Pumpkin can not be thawed and frozen again: all thawed product must be consumed
What dish can be made from frozen pumpkin
The first and most comfortable way to store a pumpkin and its subsequent preparation isfinished mashed potatoes:
- the pumpkin is pre-boiled or baked directly with the skin (after baking, the skin is easily separated from the pulp);
- grind pumpkin can be in a blender or rubbing through a sieve;
- mashed potatoes are frozen in any suitable container - silicone molds, containers, plastic cans, glasses, etc .;
- defrost the finished dish in the microwave or on the lower shelf of the refrigerator.
The recipes for quick and tasty frozen pumpkin dishes are diverse: soups and soups, vegetable stews and side dishes, cereal and pumpkin cereals, pastries and desserts, pancakes and pancakes, meat dishes. What can be made from frozen pumpkin?
It turns outways to use this frozen vegetabledepend on how it was frozen:
- ready frozen mashed potatoesFor example, for a diet or feeding a baby is thawed and warmed up. Mashed potatoes are perfect as an ingredient in pastry for baking;
- grated pumpkinit is added to dough for fritters and cakes, used as a filling for pancakes and pies, in the preparation of casseroles, meatballs. Saturated bright colors pumpkin fibers will look great in vegetable and meat soups, giving them a special deep taste;
- pumpkin dicedis added to soups, vegetable side dishes and stew, meat dishes, saute, porridge and mashed potatoes. In salads, you should not rely on the high decoration of unfrozen cubes, but they will retain their great taste.
Frozen pumpkin suitable for basic and sweet dishes, goes well with various spices
How to cook frozen pumpkin
To cook a dish made using thawed pumpkin does not disappoint either taste or color, it is recommended to listento the next tips:
- Fruit intended for freezing should be evenly colored, free from stains, with a dry tail without signs of decay.
- Making the pumpkin less watery will help drying in the oven or blanching (pieces in a colander are placed for 2-3 minutes in boiling water, allowed to drain, then frozen).
- Pumpkin seeds with excellent medical properties should not be thrown away: washed and dried in the oven, they will be useful for their antihistamine and vasodilator action.
You can store frozen pumpkin in the freezer for up to 12 months
And we offer delicious and healthy dessert.pumpkin charlotte recipe:
- the dough is prepared as an ordinary charlotte: 3 chicken eggs, 1 tbsp. flour, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder for dough;
- lay out the pumpkin frozen or fresh in pieces on the bottom of a baking dish laid out with parchment, sprinkle with sugar to taste;
- the first layer is poured with dough and baked in an oven preheated to 180 °.
Charlotte is tender, airy and very tasty! An interesting presentation option -the ready cake is turned over: the sunny pumpkin layer will become a real decoration of any festive table.
Possible options for how to divide an apartment in a mortgage during a divorce
Strong and healthy heart - how to achieve it
Sights of the amazing city of Pilsen
Chicken marinated in beer and mustard
How to understand a ram'
How to dye the fabric at home
How to choose a nanny
Maslenitsa and Lent in 2019