Useful properties of the plant fenugreek hay
The amazing properties of some plants allow them to be used for a variety of purposes. Learn how to use fenugreek health benefits.
What is this plant?
Hay fenugreek is a plant of the legume family, and it has several other names, such as fenugreek, camel grass, chaman, shambala. Each fruit has ten or twenty seeds with a yellow tint: they are small and have a pronounced aroma. Fenugreek has long been used in folk medicine: its properties are widely known in North Africa, India and the Middle East. In addition, fenugrek is used in cooking and is part of such popular seasonings as curry, hops-suneli. The taste of the seeds is bright, some resembles burnt sugar or syrup with hints of grass. After heat treatment, it becomes more pleasant.
Particular attention should be paid to the composition of fenugreek, which includes the mass of valuable substances: carbohydrates, fiber, proteins, ash, organic acids,Quercetin, genistein, selenium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, as well as ascorbic acid, PP vitamins, groups B, A.
Consider the main useful and medicinal properties of such a plant as fenugreek hay:
- Fenugreek is very useful for the gastrointestinal tract, as the plant fiber contained in it stimulates the peristalsis of the intestinal walls and relieves constipation, and the anti-inflammatory effect helps to suppress inflammation localized in the intestines and stomach, which is useful for ulcers and colitis.
- Anti-inflammatory properties spread to the entire human body and help treat inflammatory diseases affecting various systems, tissues and organs: mucous membranes, kidneys, bladder, pancreas.
- Seeds help keep cholesterol under control. First, they affect the liver, reducing the synthesis of this compound in the body. Secondly, the plant reduces the amount of so-called "bad" cholesterol, which is deposited in the vessels and clogs them, increasing the risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- Fenugreek helps maintain optimal hemoglobin levels, which is important for anemia.
- The composition includes unique substances galactomannans, which do not allow glucose to be released and enter the blood, which reduces the level of sugar and allows you to prevent its jumps. Therefore, fenugreek is recommended for people with diabetes.
- Potassium strengthens the cardiac muscle of the myocardium and thereby reduces the risk of heart attacks, and also provides normal contractile activity of the heart.
- Selenium in the composition of the plant has a positive effect on spermatogenesis: it increases the number of viable spermatozoa and increases their mobility, thereby contributing to conception. And yet the plant is considered a natural aphrodisiac, enhancing the potency and sexual desire.
- Fenugreek will help reduce body temperature in acute respiratory infections and speed up the healing process. In addition, with regular use, it will strengthen the immune system.
- Shambhala accelerates metabolic processes, so it can help reduce weight if you add seeds to dishes as a seasoning.
- Nursing mothers are encouraged to use the plant to stimulate lactation and improve the quality of breast milk.
- Seeds have wound healing and astringent properties, so they are topically used for wounds, ulcers, burns.
- Fenugreek is used in gynecology, and for different purposes. Firstly, the seeds help normalize the hormonal background. Secondly, they improve the contractile activity of the walls of the uterus, but at the same time they make menstruation less painful and profuse. Thirdly, fenugreek is recommended to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of menopause and premenstrual syndrome.
- Fenugreek is able to thin the blood and slow down its clotting, reducing the risk of blood clots.
- In cosmetology, the plant is used to strengthen hair and slow its loss, as well as to improve skin condition and treat acne.
When should you not apply?
Fenugreek has a number of contraindications, which include pregnancy (especially in the early stages), hormonal disruptions (increased levels of estrogen, prolactin), bleeding, blood disorders, lowering of sugar levels, intestinal obstruction, some cardiovascular diseases (hypertension, tachycardia).
Hay fenugreek can cause side effects: allergic reactions in the form of urticaria andpuffiness of the tissues (up to the Quincke edema when using seeds in large quantities), nausea, diarrhea, rapid heartbeat, cough. If any disturbing symptoms appear, stop using Fenugreek and consult a doctor.
The use of fenugreek hay is done in different ways:
- To accelerate metabolism, reduce weight and normalize digestion, soak two or three tablespoons of seeds with warm water and leave overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach eat fenugreek, and in fifteen or twenty minutes eat breakfast. This method will reduce the appetite, improve the work of the intestines and start all metabolic processes.
- A universal remedy that can be used for various health problems and for prevention is fenugreek tea. To prepare a teaspoon of seeds, chop, put in a teapot and pour a glass of boiling water. Insist drink literally five minutes, and then drink it. But it is advisable to drink no more than two or three cups per day. You can add green leaf tea, cloves, ginger, cinnamon.
- Make a paste that is suitable for external use with acne, some dermatological diseases, and also with wounds and burns.It is necessary to pound in a mortar or grind in a coffee machine (a blender will do) half a cup of Shambhala seeds. Then add warm water to form a thick homogeneous slurry. Apply it to problem areas with massage movements, leave for an hour, and then wash off with warm water. You can carry out such procedures up to several times a day. It is also allowed to make lotions and applications.
Important! The course of admission should not last more than one and a half months. We need to take a break, then the therapy can be continued.
If you have not heard anything about hay fenster yet and have never used it, then start applying soon to improve your health. But first it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Folding wooden staircase
Beige clothing and shoes (30 photos)
We roll up birch sap
Zeyn Malik spoke about his relationship with Gigi Hadid
Megan Markle is no longer watching the series Force Majeure
Do I need to take medicine prescribed by a doctor
A unique way to humidify the air during the heating season. It will be needed in every home
Scenes for the autumn ball for high school students and elementary school students. Themes for funny scenes for the autumn school ball