Napoleon cake - a recipe of the Soviet time with a photo. How to cook delicious Napoleon with custard at home
Delicious, tender and airy - all these epithets are ideally suited to the famous delicacy, named after one of the most successful French commanders. Of course, you have already guessed that we are talking about Napoleon cake, the recipe of which in many families is inherited from the Soviet times. Prepare this baked delicacy of puff pastry, shop or made with your own hands at home. Cakes are rolled out very thinly, baked until golden brown, and then sandwiched with exquisite custard or condensed milk, rubbed with butter.
We have collected in one article all the best and most relevant recipes of Napoleon, starting with the classic ones and ending with more modern ones.Each one had a detailed instruction with a step-by-step process description and a photo of the finished dish. You just have to study the material and choose what kind of cake will decorate the festive table for the New Year or any other celebration celebrated in your home.
Cake Napoleon puff pastry - a classic Soviet-era recipe with photos
In Soviet times, Napoleon cake was always made from homemade puff pastry, and for the interlayer they used only homemade custard. The classic recipe with a photo has been preserved to this day almost unchanged and still enjoys the special love of many cooks.
Essential ingredients for classic napoleon soviet cake
For the test
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 900 g
- cream margarine - 450 g
- eggs - 3 pieces
- water 200 ml
- salt - ½ tsp
- vinegar - 1 tsp
- eggs - 6 pcs
- milk 3.2% - 1.5 l
- flour - 150 g
- granulated sugar - 450 g
- vanillin - 1 small bag
Step-by-step instructions for making Napoleon puff pastry
- Chilled margarine grate on a coarse grater.
- Sift flour twice through a kitchen sieve.
- Both components are mixed and very carefully rubbed by hand.Eggs combine with water, salt, add the vinegar and beat with a fork so that the mass becomes homogeneous. Pour in flour and margarine and quickly knead not thick, plastic dough. When the mass ceases to stick to the hands, divide it into several identical parts, roll into balls and send to the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the workpieces, thinly roll out the rolling pin and bake in the oven one at a time.
- Parallel to prepare for Napoleon cream. To do this, heat the milk over medium heat well, but do not bring it to a boil. Rub eggs with sugar, and then whisk well with a whisk in a white dense foam. While whipping gently introduce flour and vanilla. Pour hot milk with a thin trickle, while stirring constantly so that no lumps form. Then put the cream on a very low heat, bring to the required thickness, remove from the stove and cool slightly.
- Finished cakes, with the exception of the lowest, pierce in several places with a fork and grease it with plenty of cream, stacking each other. Cover the top layer of the cake with crumbs and send to the refrigerator at night, so that the dough is well soaked.
Napoleon cake in a frying pan at home - a simple step by step recipe with photos
Bake a delicious, refined and delicate Napoleon can be not only in the oven, but also in the pan.If you do not know how, read this recipe with photos and detailed step by step instructions. There are no difficulties in the cooking process, and the finished cake is not inferior in its taste to counterparts made in the oven.
Necessary ingredients for making Napoleon cake
- flour - 3.5 tbsp + 1.5 tbsp
- ice water - 70 ml
- milk margarine - 1 pack
- salt - ½ tsp
- milk 2.5% - 750 ml
- sugar - 5 tbsp
- vanilla sugar - 1 bag
- butter - 200 g
- egg - 1 pc
Step-by-step instructions to the recipe for Napoleon at home
- Sift the highest grade wheat flour through a kitchen sieve and add salt.
- Grate margarine on a coarse grater, add to flour, and then pour in ice-cold water and immediately knead a homogeneous rather steep dough. Roll into a large bowl and send for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator.
- When time runs out, get and divide into 10 identical parts. Each of them is very thin roll out with a rolling pin and pierce with a fork in several places.
- Cast iron skillet over a high heat. Then reduce heating to an average level and fry all layers in turn for 1 minute on each side. As a result, the dough should be reddened and bubbled.
- Half a liter of milk is poured into an enameled pan and boiled over low heat.
- In a separate container, combine the remaining milk, sugar, egg and flour (1.5 tbsp) and stir with a spoon so that the mass becomes homogeneous.
- Wait until the milk on the stove boils and pour in the sugar-flour mixture. Constantly stirring, boil the cream until it thickens, then remove from heat. Add softened butter and stir well to get a smooth consistency of mass.
- Smear each crust with butter cream, fold each other over and rub your hands a little on top. The remaining filling to coat the sides of the cake. Decorate the top to your own taste and send Napoleon to the refrigerator for several hours. Then serve to the table with hot drinks.
Napoleon Cake for New Year - a classic recipe with condensed milk cream
Custard is considered a classic filling for Napoleon cake, but for the New Year this delicious dish can be prepared with condensed milk cream. How to do this, will tell the following recipe. The delicacy will turn out to be especially tasty and will appeal even to the most fastidious people who are skeptical about home baking.
Necessary ingredients for New Year's Napoleon
For the test
- high grade flour - 4 tbsp
- sour cream 25% - 1 tbsp
- butter - 250 g
- eggs - 2 pieces
- Condensed milk - 600 g
- butter 82.5% - 200 g
Step by Step Guide to the classic Napoleon cake recipe with condensed milk cream
- Sift flour through a sieve, combine with butter at room temperature and grind it into crumb. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sour cream, beat slightly, add to the flour and knead the supple soft dough. Divide the billet into 7-8 equal parts, roll into balls and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C. Chilled balls of dough roll out into thin cakes, pierce in several places with a fork and bake in turn to a light golden hue. It usually takes from 5 to 7 minutes.
- For cream, place softened butter in a blender and blend to a fluffy and airy consistency. Continuing to whisk, thinly pour condensed milk. Stop processing at the moment when the mass becomes completely homogeneous, and small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Prepared cakes richly smear with cream, form into a tall cake and place in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours so that the dough is soaked.
- Before serving, cut Napoleon into rectangular serving portions and decorate with New Year's attributes.
Napoleon cake dough made from custard - recipe with photos step by step
Doing at home a classic Soviet cake Napoleon recipes with turn-based photos are advised in a variety of ways. However, cooking options for the most part differ from each other in the types of fillings. But, as a basis, puff cakes are almost always used. But if you do not have time to mess with flour, you can buy ready-made dough. At home it will only need to roll out, bake, soak with custard or condensed milk and voila! - delicious Napoleon cake for the New Year or any other holiday is ready.
Necessary ingredients for Napoleon from the finished dough
- unleavened puff pastry - 500 g
- butter - 100 g
- eggs - 3 pieces
- sugar - 170 g
- Wheat flour - 4 tbsp
- milk - 700 ml
- vanilla sugar - 1 bag
Step-by-step instructions for Napoleon's step-by-step recipe with custard
- Finished puff pastry defrost. When it becomes plastic and soft, cut into several identical parts and each of them roll out into a neat rectangular layer with a height of at least 2 millimeters.
- Bake the baking tray lightly with a bit of flour, place on it a dough cake pierced in several places with a fork, and send to the oven. Bake for 5 minutes at 190 ° C.
- Ready cakes for the future cake should be added to a separate plate.
- For cream in a small enamel saucepan, combine the milk (500 ml) and vanilla sugar, stir and place on slow fire. Separately mix the remaining milk, eggs and flour, lightly beat with a fork so that all the lumps are separated, and strain through a fine sieve. Pour into the hot milk and, stirring constantly with a whisk, bring to the boil. When the surface starts to bubble, remove from heat and cool. Then add butter and mix it very thoroughly.
- Grease the cakes with plenty of cream and put them on top of each other, lightly pressing each hand down. Top the sprinkle with crumbs and remove Napoleon in the fridge for 2 hours, then serve the cake on the table with hot drinks.
What is the secret of the beauty of French women?
Daylight saving time in Ukraine in 2019
Bouquet of Peonies from Paper
Felt phone case
Test: is your speech literate?