Modern computer desk with your own hands
Personal work space largely determines the quality of the work performed, because it depends on him how comfortable and productive the work process will be. To a large extent, this applies to the desktop, which should be user-friendly. Designers and designers working on the development of office and home furniture offer a lot of original ideas, but you can try to translate your own ideas into reality on your own.
What manufacturers offerBefore you start working on your own project, it's worth reading the offers on the furniture market, among which you can learn for yourself a lot of interesting ideas. As a platform for the search for inspiration, we take the IKEA hypermarket, where there is always a huge selection of products from different price categories.Desktops, which are available in the catalog of the largest furniture retailer, look concisely and efficiently, but are devoid of any special “zest”.
Designing an engineering projectThe first thing you should decide on at the design stage is the functionality of the future table. Among the proposed options may be placing on the tabletop contactless phone charger,built-in pilot with an extension, passed through the leg of the table, areas under the marker board and a glass for notes, holes for different types of gadgets and much more. For your future table, we will stop on the following functional elements and details:
- central holes for removing wires from the laptop and additional passive cooling;
- deep recess under the coffee cup;
- places for placing the tablet and smartphone with holes for connection charger;
- small coasters for various small things - pencils, pens, flash drives, etc.
Making a prototypeAfter composing a virtual layout, idea, to use for its implementation an already ready-made, inexpensive table, for example, from the same IKEA. However, this trick will not work, because practically all inexpensive tabletops are hollow inside, and it is technically impossible to make the necessary grooves and holes in them.
- fast drying in a few hours;
- preservation of the natural structure of the wood surface;
- ease of use and subsequent operation.
- In addition, applying even a few layers of oil does not form a glossy film on the surface and does not give a sugary luster. Each layer of ma The coating should be dried for two hours, after which you can begin to install the support legs. For our model, we used ready-made Ikeev legs, and their installation was perhaps the easiest step from the whole idea of making the table.
Summing upFor the implementation of the idea "from scratch" was spent one month,during which the following tasks were consistently implemented:
- 1 week - creating your own ideas, forming a list of necessary functions, making presentations about the appearance of the future table
- 2 week - making 3D layout and drawings using computer programs, finding suitable masters professionally engaged in milling;
- 3 week - performing milling and engraving works
- 4 week - finishing the worktop, mounting the legs.
- it is difficult to find a suitable desktop model in retail sales;
- when buying a furniture board for a countertop, hardwood varieties should be preferred;
- when searching for milling services, you can face withdifficulties;
- oil coating - a good kind of finish for wood.
How to quickly remove excess water from the body
Beige clothing and shoes (30 photos)
Advantages of porcelain
Knife handle parachute
Psychodromic wooden coffins from Ghana
How is spirulina useful for humans?