How to use burgundy color in the interior?
Making the design of the room, sometimes it is very difficult to determine the color scheme. And if you still have not made a choice, then consider such an interesting option as burgundy color. Familiarize yourself with its features and rules of use.
Burgundy color: when is it appropriate?
Burgundy - chic and noble color, resulting from the merger of brown and red. The name was given in honor of the popular Bordeaux wine in the 19th century. Such a rich color is different in depth and has been associated with luxury since ancient times and is considered an indicator of impeccable taste, so if you want to create a chic interior, then burgundy is what you need.
Although the shade is very specific, it harmoniously fits into most of the existing styles, especially if used skillfully and moderately.
For example, it will allow to dilute the asceticism of the Japanese direction, to make the English interior even more luxurious, to add refinement to the classic designsmooth out the rudeness of the loft, emphasize the color of the eastern room, bring a zest to the rococo or baroque, diversify art deco or modern. Still, the shade is not quite appropriate in such styles as Provence and hi-tech.
We should also mention the size of the room, for the design of which will be used burgundy color. It should be remembered that this shade is dark and has the ability to visually approximate the surface, that is, to reduce the space. Therefore, if you want to make a burgundy gamut of the main, then the room should be spacious enough, as a small one may seem even closer.
In which rooms would burgundy be appropriate? He probably organically fit into the interior of the living room. But it can also be used to decorate a bedroom: in it the shade will create an intimate atmosphere. Also you can withstand a marble bathroom or bathroom. But in the kitchen and in the nursery so dark shade is better not to use.
If we consider the psychology of burgundy color, then it can be considered calm. It is associated with stability, confidence, stability and a certain grandeur.But it can also seem somewhat depressing and oppressive, especially if it is present in large quantities. And, in general, this color is more suitable for people balanced and confident, so if you want something more emotional and bright, then pay attention to other tones.
How to use for interior decoration?
In order for a bright and fashionable burgundy color in the interior to look harmonious and attractive, you need to competently use it. There are several ways to do this:
- Wall decoration. But do not burgundy all surfaces, otherwise you risk creating a depressing and somewhat oppressive atmosphere. But to highlight one of the parties or create a bright accent as a separate area, burgundy can be used. And it is better to arrange a smaller wall in such a color, since on a vast surface it may not show its best qualities.
- Burgundy furniture looks luxurious, because items of just such tones were used for arranging castles and palaces in the Middle Ages. And today, color continues to personify greatness and luxury, so feel free to bring it to the furnishings.Moreover, burgundy can be present both on hard materials (for example, in noble dark woods) and on soft upholstery.
- Textile. On fabrics, burgundy color can look just amazing, especially on complex, noble and expensive, such as velvet, jacquard, silk. For the interior you can use bedspreads, pillows, tablecloths, carpets.
- Accessories: vases, paintings, figurines, decorative panels and many others. Some modest objects, sustained in the burgundy range, acquire completely different features and seem to be covered with a touch of luxury.
Diluted with other colors
To make burgundy not oppressive and oppressive, be sure to use other shades to dilute and refresh it. And the following combinations are the most successful and harmonious:
- Burgundy and white is an interesting but not flashy contrast that will refresh the interior, leaving it elegant.
- Delicate beige smooth burgundy and make it romantic and soft.
- Want to make burgundy more calm and low-key? Then use neutral light gray.
- It looks interesting monochrome combination of burgundy and light pink.
- To make the interior even more luxurious, add a little silvery tone or gilding.
- Extravagant tandem will be obtained when a combination of bordeaux and deep green or emerald color.
- Brown will once again emphasize chic, but a little smooth burgundy.
Tip: since the color itself is rich, deep and quite complex, you should not use more than three shades in the interior: you risk overloading the room.
Finally, some useful tips:
- Try playing with textures to make the room more multifaceted and voluminous.
- Do not overdo it and observe the measure, using the considered range. Such a rich color should not be much.
- Do not be afraid to experiment and embody the bold ideas, so that the burgundy scale has acquired new properties and unexpected perceptions.
The maroon scale will precisely transform an interior if it is skillfully used.
When will include heating in Volgograd in 2015
Nicoise - a popular and tasty salad
Method of reproduction of orchids without pastes and hormones. All lovers of this beauty will appreciate
Full deadline: how to focus at home, if you are used to working in the office
How to choose a nanny
LLC Furniture Trade: the ideal furniture for living