How to make custard at home
Home holiday, including children, it is difficult to imagine without sweet on the table. Preparation of cakes, pastries and rolls can not do without flour (axiom), as well as without cream. Gentle and airy, with flavors, it becomes the highlight of the usual baking. The most commonly used universal classic custard with various additives. It is suitable for impregnating cakes, decorating the top of confectionery products and filling tubes, eclairs.
Caloric content (212 kcal per 100 grams) of this cream is higher than that of protein and curd, but considering the heat treatment during cooking, which makes it safe to use, you can close your eyes to it. The use of low-fat cream, reducing the amount of sugar and flour, exclusion from the recipe of oil, will reduce calorie content.
Classic cream at home is prepared in sweet milk with eggs and a small amount of flour. It is also suitable for the layer of cakes, pastries, and for filling buns, rolls, eclairs.
Ingredients for 10 servings:
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- 4 eggs;
- a glass of sugar;
- 40 g of flour;
- 5 g of vanilla sugar.
- Mix well the sugar with the eggs, add the flour with the vanilla sugar, mix again.
- Dilute the mixture with cold milk, stir with a mixer until smooth.
- Rinse the pot with water, fill with the mixture, put on medium heat, let it boil while stirring.
- To obtain a thick cream, boil a lot longer - 10 minutes. Cool to approximately 50 degrees before use.
Another version of the classic cream - without flour, it turns out more tender. It is only important to observe 2 points: beat the yolks and maintain the correct temperature during brewing.
- Yolks - 6 pcs .;
- Milk (warm) - 600 ml;
- Sugar - 120 g
Cook as in the previous recipe.
The best custard recipes
In cooking, the cream according to the classic recipe with flour is basic. On its basis, other types are prepared. You can not do without the main components - these are eggs, milk (cream), and sugar. If you add ground nuts, rum with vanilla, then you get a nut cream in French "Frangipan", without it you will not get a branded pear pie. When any juice is added to the gelatin (optional) or cocoa, the cream is “Bavarian”, and cooked in English without flour is called “Custard”.
Gentle, snow-white, moderately viscous - ideal for cakes, eclairs, puffers and tubules. It can be used as a separate dessert, goes well with sourish fruit, served in bowls or bowls. About 250 g of cream is obtained from the amount specified in the ingredients.
- 4 squirrels;
- 80 ml of water;
- A pinch of salt;
- 200 g of sugar (50 g per 1 protein);
- 4 tsp. lemon juice.
- Beat well salted squirrels to strong peaks that do not fall from the corolla. The speed of whisking decreases if you put the bowl on the ice.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add granulated sugar and let it boil.Boil at the minimum temperature for 4 minutes, pour in the juice, stir and boil for the same amount. Willingness to check the breakdown on the "ball": drop mass on the saucer and try to roll up the ball, if it works, then the syrup is ready.
- Pour syrup into proteins in a thin stream, beating constantly with a mixer. After that, continue beating for about 5 minutes. The process will be reduced if the bowl is put in cold water.
As a result, a tight cream-holding cream should be obtained. It can be used for decorations, filling them with a confectionery bag.
Chocolate cream is suitable for a layer of cakes, stuffing tubules, eclairs, etc. For jewelry, it is not suitable, because it does not hold the shape.
Ingredients for one serving:
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- ¼ tsp. salts;
- 4 tbsp. l. starch;
- 4 tbsp. l. flour;
- 4 eggs;
- 4 tbsp. l. cocoa powder without sugar;
- 50 g dark chocolate;
- 1 l of milk;
- 1 tbsp. l. oil cl .;
- 1 tbsp. l. vanilla extract.
- Pour sugar with salt, starch, flour, cocoa into a saucepan.
- Beat separately chilled eggs and a half cup sugar.
- Pour the milk to the dry mixture, boil, stirring to a boil, remove from the stove.
- Pour in a thin stream, stirring, into beaten eggs, put chocolate pieces, stir until completely dissolved.
- Put the saucepan back on the stove, cook over medium heat until thick (about 5 minutes). Remove from the stove, put oil and vanilla, mix and allow to cool.
You can apply the cream as a dessert, spread on ice cream vases and cool well. It will turn into a dish similar to chocolate pudding, which children love very much.
Coffee cream is suitable for filling eclairs and tubules, and can be used to decorate a cake. From this amount will be 3 glasses.
- 500 ml of cream;
- 2 tbsp. l. flour;
- 250 g butter;
- 1 tbsp. l. rum or brandy;
- 1 tbsp. l. instant coffee;
- ¾ cup of sugar.
- In the saucepan mix the coffee and flour with sugar, pour in the cream, mix, let stand for a third of an hour. While stirring, warm over low heat until thick, and allow to cool.
- Beat the butter into a fluffy mass and add to the creamy mass in parts, whipping without stopping. Pour in alcohol, beat about 4 more minutes until homogeneous.
Cream without eggs
The recipe is simple to prepare and the cream turns out to be tender and tasty. It is universal - it is suitable not only for interlining the cakes and filling desserts, but also for use in decorating the top of the confectionery, as it keeps the shape well.
- Sugar –1 glass;
- Butter - 200-250 g;
- Water - 1 cup;
- Vanilla sugar - 5-10 g;
- Flour - 2 tbsp. l.
- In advance, get the butter, cut into pieces, mix with vanilla sugar.
- Pour a half-glass of water into a saucepan, add sugar, stir, heat, allow the sugar to dissolve completely.
- Mix half a cup of water with flour until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Gradually (in portions) mix it with syrup, without stopping stirring.
- Cook until a thick sour cream, let cool to about 50 degrees.
- Add oil and vanilla sugar, beat in a lush foam.
Step-by-step recipes for cakes with custard
When preparing cakes, for their interlining and decorating, the housewives often use a custard. The variety of recipes makes it possible to choose it according to the density and taste.
The most popular cakes are "Napoleon", "Medovik", "Ryzhik" and their variations, depending on the culinary fantasies and preferences of the household.
Let's prepare a "lazy" version of the classic dessert. The recipe without baking, prepared simply and quickly, you can refer it to the series "guests on the threshold."
For 8 servings you will need:
- Cookies "Ears" flaky - 0,5 kg;
- Eggs - 2 pieces;
- Flour - 50 g;
- Milk - 0,5 kg;
- Oil draining. - 50 g;
- Sugar - 150 g;
- Vanilla Sugar - 5 g.
- Warm the milk to a boil with sugar and vanilla sugar, stirring.
- Mix flour and eggs in a homogeneous mass, in portions, pour half of the milk into it, stirring. Return the resulting mixture to the saucepan and, slowly heating, achieve a thickening cream.
- Remove from the plate, add oil. Stir, pour into a bowl, cover with a film, allow to cool to room temperature.
- The final stage is the assembly of the cake. Put a few spoons of cream on a dish, spread evenly on the bottom, lay a layer of cookies, apply cream, repeat 3 more times. Top and sides of the Napoleon, too, lubricate the cream.
- Crumble the cookies and sprinkle cake from all sides. If there is a desire, then the top can be decorated with halves of walnut, berries from jam or chocolate. Another option: put any stencil and sprinkle with crumbs.
- Remove for several hours in the refrigerator. When it becomes saturated, it will resemble a real "Napoleon".
"Medovik" in the frying pan
The recipe for this cake is useful when there is no oven, and households ask for something tasty for tea. Describe it in 3 words: delicious, fast, original.
For the cream you will need:
- A couple of yolks;
- A pair of art.l. flour;
- Half a glass of sugar;
- ¾ cup of milk (about 180 ml);
- Half a glass of hot milk (about 125 ml);
- A pack of butter;
- Vanilla, cinnamon (optional).
Ingredients for cakes:
- Flour - 1,5 kg (another 150 g);
- Egg - 3 pieces;
- Honey - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- Sugar powder - 1.5 cups;
- Oil - 180 g;
- Baking Powder - 10 g;
- Sour cream 24% - 800-900 g;
- Soda - 1 tsp;
- Vanilla - to taste.
- Add sugar to the yolks, grind the mixture, add flour through a small strainer, mix, pour in the milk (cold), mix.
- Bring half of a glass of milk to a boil, pour in a thin trickle, stirring. Cook until thickened, the mixture should resemble a liquid jelly, allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Warm up the butter with a fork, mix with the milk mixture (add a couple of spoons), whip with a fork, at the end you can speed up the process with a mixer. You can add vanilla or vanilla sugar.
- Thick honey melt in a water bath, mix with powdered sugar and butter.
- Beat eggs with baking powder and soda, combine with honey mass, boil, add a little flour, mix.
- Sprinkle the table with flour, put the dough, knead, periodically pouring the flour.Divide the resulting ball into 4 parts. Roll four sausages, divided into 5 parts.
- Roll them out on thin crusts, cut them straight (then cut the pieces too, leave them for decoration).
- Fry in a pan without oil on 2 sides.
- To collect a cake, promazyvaya cakes cream, sprinkle with crumb, put into the refrigerator for the night.
Cake with a "zest". Citrus custard perfectly combines with the honey taste of tender cakes. The original aftertaste is flavored with lemon zest and freshly squeezed juice.
- Butter - 200 g;
- Eggs - 5 pieces;
- Sugar - 260 g;
- Flour - 360 g;
- Milk - 0,7 liters;
- Starch - 3.5 tbsp. l .;
- Soda - tea;
- Honey - 80 g;
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Lemon zest - 1 tbsp. l.
We start to prepare:
- Cook the cream from a hot mixture of milk and sugar. Eggs are mixed with starch and sugar (80 g), stirring, combine with warm milk.
- Warm up the cream until thickening, add oil, mix, pour in lemon juice, add lemon zest, stir, leave to cool.
- Now let's do the test. We add soda to honey, heat it on low heat (stirring). We give a boil, cook a minute and remove from the plate. Sypem sugar, put butter, mix thoroughly, add eggs, stir again.
- We fall asleep a flour, we mix a dough. It is important that it does not stick to your hands.
- We divide the dough into 9 pieces, roll it out into thin pancakes, pierce it with a fork several times, bake for about 10 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees.
- While the cakes are hot, we cut them on a plate. We gather cakes in a pile, smear with cream, without forgetting the top and sides. Sprinkle the chopped crumbs from the pruning. We remove it for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Useful advices and interesting information
Alexander Seleznev, a famous culinary expert, advises the housewives, who prefer traditional cakes from the USSR: "Medoviku", "Ryzhik", "Napoleon", to add various fruits. Suitable: bananas, persimmons, kiwi, mandarins, apples, oranges and even a baked pumpkin. The taste of baking acquires originality, and the form - festivity.
Any alcohol from brandy to liqueur, added to the cream, will give a zest, and you will get a culinary masterpiece with the flavor of the holiday.Fortress drinks should not be frightened, because the "degree" is weathered, and the aftertaste remains.
In the kitchens of the world there are varieties of classic custard. For example, the dessert "Lemon Kurd", originally from Britain, it replaces milk with lemon juice, and add its zest.
Work out to automatism the preparation of any kind of cream. This is a win-win option, which is suitable for baking, dessert with fruits, nuts, crispy crackers and other additives.
Li-ion Balancing Charger
Magnetic knife holder
How to become smarter - be smarter
What time of day is best to run
Puzzle Arrow in a Bottle
Roses from cotton pads