How to Edit a Wikipedia Article
How to Make a Request for Wikivisual on wikiHow
Wikivisual is a bot account that uploads images to articles that need them. Any promoted article can receive images from Wikivisual, which can be helpful if you have an article that needs images, but you can't make the images yourself. While making a request for Wikivisual can seem daunting at first, it's a simple process that doesn't take much time to learn.
Access the Wikivisual Talk page.This can be found here. While the Wikivisual team themselves doesn't respond to Talk page messages, the Talk page is reviewed by staff, and requests or concerns are addressed as often as possible.
Write your request.When requesting Wikivisual to create images for your article, you need to input the article title, so that the team knows what article to create artwork for.
- If you've seen artwork on an article that you have a particular liking for, you can request that the artist work on the images for your article. However, it's not a guarantee that you'll get their artwork.
- You can also request that Wikivisualnotmake artwork for a certain article, or just your articles as a catch-all. This will be passed along to the team as well.
Preview your post.Hit thePreviewbutton underneath the text box and ensure that any links are correct. You don't want to accidentally link to a nonexistent article.
Wait for staff to check the Wikivisual page.The wikiHow staff will periodically check the Wikivisual Talk page, and pass along any feedback or illustration requests. While this is dealt with as soon as possible, it may take some time for a staff member to be available. Be patient; they'll get to it as soon as they can.
- A staff member may directly message you via your Talk page about your request or feedback. Corresponding with them can be important to make sure the images are correct and that any feedback gets passed along with correct information.
Notify the account if the images are poor quality.Mistakes do happen, including with the Wikivisual team. If you discover that the images added to your article are not fitting for the article in some way - ranging from being disturbing or tasteless, to flat-out incorrect or misleading - leave a message on the Wikivisual Talk page and feel free roll back the Wikivisual addition. Explain the problem with the images, and don't be afraid to request more images for that same article, following the same steps.
- If you're seeing the same mistake cropping up again several times, it's okay to take it up with a staff member directly. More often than not, they'll be happy to help and pass the message along.
Let the team know if you're happy with the added images.When images are made for your article, if you're truly happy with the work that was added, you can leave a note on the Wikivisual Talk page to send a thank-you. When the page is reviewed by the staff, the kudos will be passed along. That way, both you and the artist can be happy!
QuestionI just ask them to put images in the article, and then they will? Is that how it works?Top AnswererSimply put, yes. When you request images on the Wikivisual Talk page, a member of the wikiHow staff (such as Anna) will see your request and pass it on to the visual team. When the visual team has finished either creating the artwork or taking the photos, they upload the images to the article, and you can see the results that are live for the readers!Thanks!
QuestionHow long on average does it take for a requested article to get photos?Community AnswerGenerally, it takes between a few days to a week for the article to get photos, but it may take longer or shorter depending on the current workload for the team.Thanks!
- Sometimes, the WikiHow Projects team will use existing Wikivisual images when you put in a request for Wikivisual images. This is because the Projects team is linked with Wikivisual. You can still address any concerns with the Wikivisual account or with a staff member.
- Try to be as patient as you can. Sometimes, it will take a while for Wikivisual to put the images on the articles.
- You only need to send a request for images if an article needs them. Not every article needs images.
Video: How to use Visual Taskboards in ServiceNow
Is Obesity A Disease
Kate Moss and Gisele Bundchen’s naked photos
Eggplant and Bell Pepper Salad
Is It Okay To Breastfeed On The Keto Diet
3 Sites forAffordable Artwork
Preventing Winter Heart Attacks
Mawa Hanging Organizer 18511 18541 18531 Finish: Black
How to Fade Hand Freckles
How to Transfer Files Between Laptops
Nanamica Clothing: AW13 Collection