Chocolate-Mayonnaise Cake | Southern Living
How to Make a Mayonnaise Cake
Box of chocolate cake mix
PAM or non cook spray (you can grease the dish with oil or butter)
Best Foods Mayonnaise *Hellmann's if you live on the East Coast
Using the box directions, preheat the oven to the degrees specified on the box, usually this is 350F or so.
Lightly spray PAM in the baking dish and be careful not to spray too high on the sides.I prefer buttery flavoring PAM but, actually any PAM not flavored with Garlic or Italian is OK. You can live a little and use the Olive Oil flavoring, it's not heavy and you won't notice the flavor.
Empty contents of cake mix into a large bowl.Using wire whisk or spatula, create a well in the center of the cake mix.
Measure out Best Foods Mayonnaise according to the amount of oil listed on the box, for example, if the box calls for 1/4 cup, that's how much mayonnaise you use.
Using the rubber spatula, scrape the mayonnaise into the well in the bowl of cake mix.If you prefer, you can empty the bowl of cake mix into a food processor and then add the mayonnaise.
Double check the box.Some call for water, others don't but, you can always add a little water if the batter is really thick or difficult to mix. You don't need eggs because mayonnaise IS eggs and oil but, if you feel an egg is needed, it won't hurt to add it at this point.
Mix well either using a wooden spoon OR pulse the batter in the food processor a few times until well blended and no streaks of Mayonnaise can be seen.
Carefully pour batter starting in the middle of the baking dish and scraping out the batter from the bowl or processor bowl.If you didn't use raw egg, you can lick the spoon (not the blades)once you've finished leveling out the batter.
Carefully open the oven and place the baking dish in the center of the oven.Set a timer to the amount of baking time on the box. Once timer goes off, carefully insert a clean butter knife or toothpick into the center and carefully pull out to see if the center of the cake is fully cooked, if the knife or toothpick comes out clean of batter, the cake is done.
Carefully remove cake from oven and cool in the dish on a wire rack until cake is cool to the touch.
Shake a bit of powdered sugar or ice it any way you wish.Tastes delicious without icing.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- DID YOU KNOW You can use mayonnaise in the place of eggs in nearly every baked quick-bread or cookie? It's true, mayonnaise used in place of oil and eggs makes the end product moist and tender. The better the mayonnaise, the better the end result. Coating chicken in mayonnaise thinned with a bit of milk makes an excellent coating base for poultry baked or fried. Use a pastry brush to brush the base on your whole chickens/turkeys or dip the pieces before rolling them into your breadcrumbs or seasonings. It makes the meat moist and flavorful.
- Batter should be pourable, not too thin or too thick or it won't cook correctly.
- Make sure you always put blades used in food processors, hot dishes from oven out of reach of small children.
- Make sure toothpick is replaced or knife is cleaned after each check to see if cake is done.
- Donotuse mayonnaise as a substitute for oil whether for frying or as a sole coating in pan frying as it will burn.
Video: Mayonnaise Cake....Yum!
How to Become a Music Attorney
5 Sex Moves That Will Hit Your G-Spot Every Time
How to Choose the Right Baby Name
How to Seek to Help Free Marys Little Lamb U.S.A. (Christianity)
Pumpkin Pie MMs Are Hitting Stores Right This Second
12 Things a Guy Thinks When You Sit On His Face
Read Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Brett Kavanaughs Opening Remarks for Thursdays Hearing
Jessica Brown Findlay on her struggle with an eating disorder: It got dangerous at a couple of points in my life’
How to Control a Narcissist
20 Gifts Your Hard-to-Shop-For Tween Will Love
How to Make a Fake Cinema at Home
Reem Acra SpringSummer 2015 Collection – New York Fashion Week
Date: 13.12.2018, 00:16 / Views: 42135