How to help your child learn a poem quickly?
How nice it is for parents when their child, climbing on a high chair, clearly and with an expression recites lines from his favorite poems to real viewers. Grandmothers in ecstasy, friends in delight, teachers in kindergarten do not cease to extol such a dear child!
For some reason, this process is easy enough for some children, but for others, learning a verse is an impossible difficulty, from which the child, with hysterics and tears, shoves as if from a bitter pill. Why is that?
Most often, poems have to be taught to schoolchildren or pupils of older kindergarten groups, though, if only at that age you begin your first acquaintance with rhymes, then you will most likely come across real difficulties.
The child will proceed with the task with great reluctance, to unlock and even, perhaps, roll tantrums with tears. "I can not!" - You will hear. In fact, one of the reasons is as follows: the little man is literally on the subconsciouslevel tries to protect itself from too much new information, which is easily able to overload it, unaccustomed to such loads, the brain.
In the same families, where with the kid often and from the earliest months they sing songs, they talk a lot and just read verses out loud, remembering a new verse is much easier.
In any case, parents will be concerned with the question: how quickly to learn a poem with a child? Even if the moment of literary upbringing in early childhood was missed, it is still impossible to leave this duty: the rhymes will have to be taught for a long time, and each time they will become more difficult, and the child's attitude towards them is getting worse and worse.
How to rectify the situation and where to start, if these are your first rhymed lines? Any business has its own little tricks, and here their knowledge will be needed more than ever. Let's understand the intricacies of this interesting and difficult case for a child.
Rules and highlights
We will not talk about how to make your child learn a verse, because the most important rule for such a process - if you want your child to really love poetry in the future - you need to teach rhymes with pleasure!
And if there is no desire at all, then we need to figure out how to make it appear, it may be worthwhile to postpone such a thing for a while and then try again.
- "What for?". Remember, it is important for a child to understand why he should learn verses by heart. And believe me, the motivation from the category is beautiful, it develops memory and logic, forms speech and communication style, it definitely will not help here. We, adults, understand this. But the child needs more simple and understandable arguments: for example, we will learn a poem to please the grandmother, the father, who will soon return from a business trip, or to the arrival of Santa Claus.
- When to start? Often, parents miss the most important moment when the child with great pleasure, without even speaking, will try to repeat small rhymes. It was during this period that the habit of such a style of communication and art was laid. Mum can tell small prathes, tongue twisters and rhymes almost from birth, they are remembered by themselves and by the first year the child will begin to repeat his favorite lines. As a result of such early preparation, the child will subsequently be much easier to treat the need for memorization, the process for him will be understandable and familiar.
- To make it interesting for the child, the lines from the rhymes can be accompanied by the author's illustrations: draw together what you see in the text, look for beautiful illustrations on the Internet. You do not need to immediately tell the child that you have to learn something, just invite the child to listen and, if desired, repeat a few lines after the mother.
- Accompany the rhymes with some real actions, read with an expression, perhaps on different voices. Otherwise, the boring lines will lose all meaning for the child, he will not be able to find beauty in poetry, and therefore he will hardly want to return to it at an older age.
- In order for poems to be given easily, they must correspond to the temperament of your offspring: for example, calm and smooth rhymes are more to your liking, but for the restless - rhythmic and funny texts. In addition, it is very important that the poems are of the age: the rhymes of Barto and Chukovsky, the older ones of Pushkin and Mikhalkov, are suitable for very young children. It is unlikely that the first-grader will be able to learn the passage "Borodino", and even if he overcomes this overwhelming burden, he is unlikely to ever want to return to poetry.
- All incomprehensible words and turns should be explained, to give an associative array and synonyms that will reveal to the child the whole picture of what is happening. It is very simple to understand that the baby does not understand the word: every time he repeats it, he forgets his correct pronunciation or refuses to repeat the complex line.
Technique of memorizing poetry
No matter for what purpose you need to learn a poem - for a literature lesson or a matinee in kindergarten, for a child this can be equally difficult at any age. Immediately make a reservation, remembering the rhymes in five minutes, as parents would like, is very difficult, the process may take several days, but it will bear fruit.
- To get started, read the text yourself. Suggest reading the child out loud and, with feeling and intonation, declare the lines to be memorized. Invite the child to repeat literally one line at a time, so he will not be afraid of the amount of information.
- You can proceed to the next line only when the previous one is told by a child without hesitation and with ease. Then the second line learns, and the process is consolidated by uniting them into one whole.Perhaps for the first day this will be enough. The next day - repeat the traversed and in the same way add a couple more rhymes, and so - until the end of the verse. A week is quite enough to learn even a very voluminous poem - without any particular difficulties and whims.
- Some children are better able to remember if they write out the necessary lines on a piece of paper with their own hand or read it with their own eyes several times.
- If nothing helps, then parents will have to act according to the advertising scheme: constantly repeating the poem in the presence of the child, repeating the entire text first, and then a couple of lines. You can not get away anywhere - repeated repetition is still postponed in the child's head.
An interesting piece of furniture from old doors
Cheat sheet for girls: choose the perfect bra and swimsuit on the figure
The hottest trends in hair coloring - 2017
Rolling Stone magazine named the best song of the 21st century
Minecraft Style Snowflakes (Minecraft)
Flower delivery. Unique bouquets for the beloved