How to get rid of oily hair?
Hair is one of the most powerful secret weapons of any woman. But, unfortunately, the locks are far from ideal for everyone. And what if hair is greasy? Is there any way to deal with this? What to do in this case?
The essence of the problem
What happens when we are talking about oily hair type? What, in general, affects the fat content? The fact is that under our skin there are special sebaceous glands that produce sebum, it is necessary for hydration, protection and normal functioning of the epidermis.
Such glands are located on the scalp, at the roots of the hair. And if they begin to produce fat in higher quantities, the hair will certainly become oily, will quickly get dirty and look unattractive.
And it often happens that the hair itself is almost dry along the entire length, but the fat content in the root zone is increased (after all, sebum enters it), which will also be noticeable and spoil the appearance. So an important factor affecting the condition of the hair is the work of sebaceous glands.
Why is this happening?
What causes oily hair? This indicator and the work of the sebaceous glands in particular can be influenced by a variety of factors. We list some of them:
- Wrong care. If you use the wrong tools or do not follow the rules of their use, the hair will certainly become greasy. For example, few people know that it is impossible to apply some products to the scalp and roots, as in this case the level of acidity may change, which will affect the fat content. In addition, some components dry the skin, which is a signal to the sebaceous glands that you need to work even more actively. And if you rarely wash your hair, the fat will simply not be washed off.
- Nutrition is also able to influence this indicator. So, hair is often oily for those who consume a lot of fat, fried, sweet, spicy, as well as such harmful foods as fast food, chips and more.
- Hormones have a direct effect on the sebaceous glands. So hormonal disorders can become a negative factor in this case (they can occur during puberty, during pregnancy or during menopause or menopause, as well as in the case of sexual diseases).Other problems in the endocrine system can also have an impact.
- Lack of certain vitamins and nutrients, hypovitaminosis and vitamin deficiencies can also disrupt the normal secretion of sebum.
- Negative factors of environmental influence: direct sunlight, urban dust, rain, cold. In this case, the sebaceous glands will try in every way to protect the hair with fat, because of which the fat content will certainly increase.
- With insufficient intake of fluid in the body, the work of the sebaceous glands can also be completely disturbed, this is especially often the case in summer, when most of the moisture from the body goes away with sweat.
- Excessive sweating can also increase fat. During physical exertion, collect hair in the tail. Headgear pick for the weather.
How to solve a problem?
What if oily hair? Is it possible to solve this problem? Yes, it is possible, but a responsible and comprehensive approach is important. There are several important points, we will dwell on each of them in more detail.
To find out the cause of increased activity of sebaceous glands, it is worth to visit a dermatologist, so that he determines the skin condition and its features.If the expert reports that there are no problems with the skin (in case if only the scalp is oily), then it will be necessary to go to the trichologist who will assess the condition of the hair and prescribe the necessary treatment.
An expert, for example, can advise a drug with the content of a component such as ATPM (fully trans-retinoic acid). It is a derivative of vitamin A and is responsible for the secretion of the sebaceous glands. Also, hair remedies based on cleansing and secretion-reducing components can be prescribed.
How to get rid of this problem with the help of nutrition? Adjust it. Give up smoked, fatty, fried foods, fast food and other "hazards." Eat more plant products, dairy and sour-milk, vegetables, fruits, as well as cereals and cereals. The amount of sweet, too, should be reduced to a minimum.
Important and drinking mode. Thus, the daily volume of fluid (in the absence of diseases of the kidneys) should be about 1.5-2 liters. To determine your individual need, you can multiply your weight by 30 (for each kilogram will be 30 ml of water).
A balanced diet can provide the body with all necessary, but still it is worth taking vitamin complexes (according to the doctor's advice). Sulfur, zinc, calcium, silicon, iron, and vitamins E, C, B, A. directly affect the hair condition.
Take care of your hair properly
Proper care is also very important. Here are a few guidelines:
- Choose the appropriate care products: shampoo, mask, conditioner and more. Prefer means on a natural basis and from reputable manufacturers. The composition of shampoos and masks for oily hair may include components such as sage, calamus, horsetail, coltsfoot, seaweed, as well as proteins, zinc, vitamins C, K or A.
- All means should be used correctly. Do not apply greasy balms, oils and other similar compounds to the hair roots. Treat curls, receding from the scalp a few centimeters.
- Remember that you can not wash your hair too often, this can lead to the fact that the protective film will be washed off the scalp and hair. This will start the process of increased sebum production, which will exacerbate the problem.So once in 3 days will be quite enough.
- Often combing greasy hair should not be, try not to confuse them and be limited to one time a day. And after combing, it is advisable to wash the comb with shampoo or soap to remove the remnants of sebum (it can again fall on the hair when re-using the comb).
- Head massage and other effects on the skin of this area are undesirable, as they can cause the sebaceous glands to work in an accelerated mode.
- Protect your hair from negative environmental factors. Wear hats.
Some home recipes can also help to cope with such a problem quite quickly and at no cost. Here are a few options:
- Before every washing of the head in the scalp, you can rub kefir, yogurt. Degreasing properties also have aloe juice, decoction of nettle or horsetail.
- Shampoo can be washed off not with ordinary water, but with decoction of herbs (such as coltsfoot, burdock root). To prepare a decoction, pour 2 tablespoons of dry herb with a liter of boiling water.
- Masks from lemon juice help. Apply it to the roots, after 10 minutes, wash it off.
- You can also rinse curls with warm water with mustard.
- Make a mask of crushed berries of mountain ash and mint leaves, causing the composition for half an hour and rinse with warm water.
Let your hair be perfect!
Order clothes at Stoic
Yellow - new fashionable color 2018
Aquarium in the wall
The art of bulk embroidery
Metal Evroshtaketnik - a novelty in the world of building materials
Top ten ways to disperse metabolism