Manually Uninstall Kodi Addons, Repos and Sources from Your Build! Kodi Basics
How to Disable Add Ons
Add-ons are third-party extensions and plugins that can be added or downloaded to Internet browsers to enhance the user experience. Add-ons have the ability to customize and improve one or more functionalities of your browser. You can remove or disable add-ons from your Internet browser when you no longer require their use; the process is simple, regardless of which browser you use.
Click the Chrome Menu button (☰).You can find this in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Extensions are not available for the mobile version of Chrome.
Select "More tools" →"Extensions."This will open the Extensions tab. You can also typechrome://extensions/into the address bar.
Find the add-on you want to disable.A list of all your installed add-ons, or "extensions," will be displayed. Scroll through the list to find the one you want to disable.
Uncheck the "Enabled" box.This will disable the extension immediately.
Click the Trashcan button if you want to uninstall the add-ons.This will completely remove it, and you'll have to reinstall it if you want to use it again.
Reset Chrome to disable all add-ons at once.If you are overloaded with add-ons, resetting Chrome will disable all of them.
- Click the Chrome Menu button (☰) and select "Settings."
- Click "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the menu.
- Scroll down and click "Reset settings." Confirm that you want to reset Chrome.
Scan for malware if you can't disable certain extensions.If you are having difficulty getting rid of a toolbar or other extension, it may be a malicious program. Download and run AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Antimalware. These free programs can find and remove most malicious software.
Click the Tools (Gear) button and select"Manage add-ons."This will open the Manage Add-ons window.
- If you don't see the Gear button, click the Tools menu and select "Manage add-ons." If you don't see the Tools menu, press on your keyboard.
- Note: Add-ons are not available for the Metro or Mobile version of Internet Explorer.
Click the "Show" menu on the left and select"All add-ons."This will display all of your installed add-ons, including some that may have been hidden by default.
Find the add-on you want to disable.Your installed add-ons will be displayed in the "Toolbars and Extensions" section of the Manage Add-ons window. Add-ons that are currently enabled will display "Enabled" in the "Status column.
Select the add-on and click the "Disable" button.This can be found in the lower-right corner of the window after selecting an add-on.
Confirm that you want to disable the add-on.You'll be informed of any related add-ons that will be disabled as well.
Click the "Remove" button to uninstall the selected add-on (if possible).Not all add-ons can be uninstalled, as some are required in order for Internet Explorer and Windows to work properly. If you can remove the add-on, the "Remove" button will appear next to the "Enable" and "Disable" buttons.
Disable all add-ons at once by resetting Internet Explorer.If you're plagued with toolbars and add-ons, you can reset Internet Explorer to disable them all at the same time.
- Click the Tools button and select "Internet options."
- Click the "Advanced" tab and then click "Reset." Click "Reset" again to confirm.
Check your computer for malware infections if you can't get rid of some extensions.If you can't get rid of certain toolbars, or are getting lots of pop-ups, you may have an adware infection. Download AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Antimalware to scan for and remove any infections. Both of these programs are free.
Click the Firefox Menu button (☰) and select"Add-ons."This will open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- The mobile version of Firefox does not support add-ons.
Click the "Extensions" tab on the left.This will display a list of all your installed add-ons.
Click the "Disable" button next to the add-on you want to disable.This will immediately disable the extension.
Click "Remove" to uninstall an add-on completely.You'll have to reinstall it if you want to use it again later. You can click "Undo" to reinstall the last add-on you removed.
Reset Firefox to remove all of your installed extensions.Unlike other browsers, this will completely remove extensions, not just disable them.
- Click the Firefox Menu button (☰) and select "?".
- Click "Troubleshooting Information" and then click "Refresh Firefox." Once you confirm, Firefox will reset and your add-ons will be uninstalled.
Download some anti-malware tools if you can't get rid of certain add-ons.If you're having difficulty getting rid of a toolbar or other add-on, you may have an adware infection. AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Antimalware are powerful adware scanners that can find and remove infections for free.
Click the "Safari" menu and select"Preferences."This will open the Preferences window.
- The mobile version of Safari does not support add-ons.
Click the "Extensions" tab.A list of your installed add-ons will be listed on the left side of the window.
Select the extension that you want to disable.Details about the extension will appear on the right side of the window.
Uncheck the "Enable" box to disable the add-on.The add-on will be disabled immediately.
Turn the toggle off in the upper-right corner to disable all add-ons.Turning the toggle to "OFF" will disable all installed add-ons.
Select an extension and click "Uninstall" to remove it.This will uninstall the extension from your Mac.
Download Malwarebytes for Mac if you have toolbars that won't go away.The popular anti-malware program AdwareMedic was acquired by Malwarebytes and is now called "Malwarebytes for Mac." It is still free, and can remove most adware infections.
- See How to Get Rid of Adchoices for general Mac adware-removal tips.
Click the Opera menu.You'll find this in the upper-right corner of the window.
- The mobile version of Opera does not support add-ons.
Select "Extensions" →"Extensions manager."This will open the Extensions tab. You can also pressCtrl+Shift+E.
Click the "Disable" button for the extension you want to disable.It will be disabled immediately.
Click the "X" in the upper-right corner of the add-on's description to remove it.You'll be asked to confirm that you want to uninstall the extension.
Scan for adware if you suffer constant pop-ups and stubborn toolbars.If you can't get rid of a certain toolbar, or you're getting a lot of pop-ups, you may have an adware infection. Running Malwarebytes Antimalware and AdwCleaner will find and remove most common adware infections. Both of these programs are free.
- Disable or uninstall an add-on completely if the source or website you downloaded it from is not trusted or reputable. Some add-ons from untrusted third-parties may pose security threats, and could potentially harm your computer if you keep them installed in your browser.
- Some add-ons cannot be removed from your browser if they are required for your browser or computer to run correctly. If a particular add-on does not provide you with the option to disable or uninstall it, then you will not have the ability to remove that particular add-on from your browser.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands:
Video: How to Enable/Disable Browser Add-ons in Internet Explorer
Kate Middleton Just Cut Her Hair And People Are Freaking Out
Rotini with Ratatouille
22 Charming Striped Shirt Outfits To Repeat
The Ultimate Denim Care Guide
This Couscous-Stuffed Peppers Recipe Is as Flavorful as Healthy EatingGets
Future style classics for your wardrobe
Half of Parents Who Co-Sleep With Their Kids Lie About It
How to cure pimples acne with baking soda
Dark Spot Correctors You Don’t Have to Spend a Fortune On (but Still TotallyWork)
How to Prove Perjury
How to Send An Anonymous Email
8 Beauty Hacks to Look Like a Real Person in the Morning
Treatment-Resistant Cells to Blame For Prostate Cancer Difficulties, Study Finds