How to identify natural amber?
It is not surprising that real amber is a rarity on the world market, due to which weak-willed people are ready to commit inexplicable actions. Direct evidence of the scale of demand for natural stone - the loss of the amber room, not found until now.
The mineral, enveloped in a haze of mystery, can be easily machined, but the amount of amber produced can not meet the needs of every person who wants to purchase an amazing stone. The result is the production of fakes that can not be distinguished with the naked eye. Do not forget that in addition to the aesthetic appearance,Amber has a healing effect on the body, normalizing a number of vital processes in the body, so you must be sure that the product is authentic before you buy natural stone.
Silver pendant with amber, SL;silver earrings with amber, SL;silver ring with amber, SL(prices link)
Features of the amber market
Initially, it is necessary to study the variants of counterfeits on the international market in order to get acquainted with the structural characteristics of artificial products. Today, customers who have long dreamed of elegant amber jewelery can, by carelessness, purchase:
- Products from low-grade types of resin, glass, plastic, bakelite, bernate and other materials.Artificial amber can be made from amorphous substances having a heterogeneous structure. However, you can see the features of such an ornament or souvenir only under a magnifying glass. As a rule, hardened resin and plastic are used in the manufacture of large products - tea sets, interior items or smoking sets.
- Pressed amber (ambroid).To distinguish natural amber from pressed, the buyer should pay attention to the color of the product. In the process of making jewelry from small amber chips with a hydraulic press, the uniform distribution of shades on the stone is disturbed. Thus, the pressed mineral can combine several different colors on the surface that are not characteristic of a natural stone. Another characteristic feature of ambroid is a sharp transition of the matte part of the product into a transparent one.
- Hard grade of resin - "dig".It is almost impossible to distinguish amber from a fake made from Kopal. It is impossible to check the smell during melting in the store, so the only way to detect a solid grade of resin is to pay attention to the surface of the product, which will be completely covered with small cracks. Also, Copal is devoid of medicinal properties and is a "young" mineral, therefore it is simply impossible to compare it with amber, which has a long history. However, due to the visual and structural similarities, many people do not even suspect that they have in their hands only a fraction of the solid grade of resin.
Silver earrings with amber, SL;silver bracelet with amber, SL(prices link)
Real amber is expensive, so before you buy, be sure to ask yourself: Is natural amber or not? People choose this natural stone because of the healing properties of the mineral, so buying a fake will depreciate the product.
There are also refined types of amber (sparkling), which are highly valued in the jewelry market. The quality of performance of such products is not in doubt, however, they are completely devoid of healing properties and lose their aesthetic appearance much faster. The reason is the heat treatment of minerals in the manufacturing process, so it must be borne in mind that the price does not always reflect the quality of natural stone.
How to choose natural amber: the difference between natural stone and synthetic counterfeits
In order to determine whether natural amber is on the display of a jewelry store or another fake, subject the product to a series of checks.
- Weight.If you put a real natural stone in a salt solution, it will surely float to the surface of the liquid, while the artificial mineral sinks to the bottom of the tank.
- Combustion.Especially effective, but not the most correct way to check.If you bring a natural stone to a hot surface or throw it into a fire, then a person will surely feel a pleasant coniferous, resinous aroma. Black smoke will come from an artificial product, as well as a chemical and strong odor.
- Mechanical impact.If you hold on the surface of a natural stone, for example, the pointed end of a knife, then fine powder, powder, will begin to pour from the product. From the fake decoration after mechanical manipulation will remain solid stripes, having the form of a spiral.
- Tactile sensations.Amber is a warm mineral, and products made of glass or plastic are a priori cold.
- Alcohol testing.If you put a drop of alcohol on the stone and attach it to your finger, then the fake product will surely stick to it, and the natural mineral will not change its structural properties.
- Statistical electricity.With the help of ordinary wool fabric, you can reveal the authenticity of amber. If, after friction of a flap on a product, statistical properties appear at a stone, it attracts small and light objects (for example, wool or paper), then the real mineral is before the buyer.
Many types of plastics can also produce statistical electricity. This method is best suited to distinguish natural stone from Kopala.
- Luminescence.Under the influence of ultraviolet rays, natural amber will necessarily luminesce, shimmering with a variety of shades - from green to brown. Glow depends on the degree of transparency of the mineral, but regardless of the saturation of the luminescence - synthetic fakes, this effect is not peculiar.
- Visual characteristics.Not the most effective way to check, because modern jewelers have an unsurpassed talent for making fakes. However, even the most skilled craftsman will not be able to get rid of air bubbles and organic matter (insects, pieces of wood or earth) in the structure of a low-grade resin. In amber with a long history of such "additions" simply can not be.
Gold pendant with amber, SL;gold earrings with amber, SL;gold ring with amber, SL(prices link)
If the buyer is a psychic or considers himself to be a sensitive person, then he will easily determine the natural amber product from which powerful energy “comes out”.There are many legends and tales about the magic of natural stone, and the mysterious stories associated with the "gift of the Sun" remain unresolved to this day.
Natural stone is actively used in modern medicine as a prophylactic agent. Reduction of toothache, treatment of angina, migraine, cardiovascular and bone diseases, improvement of blood circulation processes and removal of inflammation - the use of amber products is amazing with its scale.
In the store, the seller will not allow the use of a red-hot needle or alcohol to determine the quality of the stone. However, nobody can use the ultraviolet located on the bill reader or woolen cloth. Visual inspection of amber is also an effective way if the buyer has theoretical knowledge from this article.
African style dot painting
Expansion of living space at the expense of a loggia or balcony
Congratulations on September 1 to the pupils of the school from teachers, parents, grandparents and grandfathers. Poems, prose, funny pictures and short SMS to the Day of Knowledge-2016
There was always a stunning aroma in her house. And once she showed me one trick
How To Wear Short Lace Shorts
A bulk ball of wrapping paper