How to cook chicken breast basturma
To at home, it will take a large amount of time (2-4 weeks) and a mixture of fragrant spices. The dish is prepared not only from beef and lamb, but also from chicken. A set of spices - a matter of taste and culinary fantasy hostess. Let's look at the best homemade recipes for how to make chicken breast basturma.
What is basturma?
Basturma is a cold snack that was cooked everywhere in the Ottoman Empire and was considered a folk dish.
In the conditions of hot climate and lack of refrigerating chambers, there was an urgent need to preserve meat for a long time, preparing for future use. Traditionally, preparation was based on the process of salting and drying of beef tenderloin with herbs.
Many recipes have been devised for the preparation of chicken basturma, which we will discuss in the article, but first we will list general recommendations.
The calorie content of chicken basturma is 150-170 kcal per 100 grams.
Chicken fillet basturma is less calorie compared to traditional recipes from beef, pork or lamb. The fillet part of the bird contains the minimum amount of fat, has a high nutritional value. To taste, no smoked sausage compares to properly cooked basturma.
- Chicken fillet - tender meat. Significantly reduces the cooking time compared to beef or pork.
- Installing the press is an important cooking process. Fillets can be infused under the yoke from one day to several days, depending on the recipe.
- Do not be afraid to leave the chicken for a few days. During drying with a lot of spices, it will not rot. The only problem in overdosing chicken meat is excessive dryness.
- To prevent insects from reaching tidbits, use gauze.
- Never dry chicken breasts in the open sun. This will damage the product.
- Know the measure when using spices. Too spicy food can harm the stomach.
The classic recipe for chicken basturma
Chaman is a traditional spice in cooking. This is an aromatic plant belonging to the legume family.It gives the meat a bitter-sweet taste with nutty notes.
Helpful advice! Chaman - spice with a specific taste for the amateur. If desired, replace the aromatic plant in the form of a hammer with another component (for example, hops-suneli). Chaman is a part of the Caucasian mix of spices.
- Chicken Breast - 1.2 kg,
- Garlic - 5 cloves,
- Chaman - 50 g,
- Paprika - 50 g,
- Hops-suneli - 25 g,
- Sugar - 15 g,
- Salt - 40 g
- Cognac - 50 ml,
- Red and black pepper (ground) - to taste.
- Chicken breast thoroughly washed, remove the film and dried using kitchen towels. I cut it into pieces.
- I pour out seasonings in a deep dish. To give a more pronounced taste, increase their number.
- I pour cognac into the dishes. Carefully interfere.
- Breast coat on all sides, set the oppression and send in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- I take out the bird, mine and dry.
- I grind garlic with the help of a crusher, I mix with ground pepper. Roll the chicken in the new mixture.
- I put in the dryer. I set the temperature at 40 degrees. Cooking time for basturma is 6-8 hours.
Using a special dryer speeds up cooking.In the absence of a kitchen appliance, use gauze and ordinary fresh air. Wait 7-9 days.
Homemade chicken breast basturma in the oven
- Chicken Breast - 800 g,
- Garlic - 3 cloves,
- Water - 600 ml,
- Salt - 2 tablespoons,
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons,
- Honey - 2 tablespoons,
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- Black pepper - 8 peas,
- Soy sauce - 25 ml,
- Olive oil - 50 ml,
- Paprika - 1 tablespoon.
- Chicken breasts are thoroughly mine and halved.
- I pour water into large glassware. I stir sugar and salt. I throw pepper with peas (half a portion) and a laurel.
- Chicken put in cooked marinade. Top with a close lid or covered with food film. Set in the fridge for 24 hours.
- I pull the breasts out of the fridge. I wash in water several times. Dusted with kitchen napkins.
- In a clean dish stir honey with olive oil. Add finely chopped garlic, pepper and paprika. Pour soy sauce.
- Immersed chicken breasts in the dish. Thoroughly lubricate a thick mixture. I leave to marinate for 3 hours.
- Then wrap the breast in a neat rolls. Tightly tied with thread.I send in the refrigerator for 12-14 hours.
- I preheat the oven to 160 degrees. At the bottom of the pan spread the food foil. I put the breast to prepare for 40 minutes. After increasing the temperature to 180 degrees. I cook another 20 minutes.
- I take out the basturma. Cut into thin slices. Served chilled.
Recipe in a multivariate
Cooking basturma from a chicken in a multicooker at home allows you to get the most tender meat with a slightly "stewed" taste.
- Fillet - 700 g,
- Salt - 4 tablespoons,
- Sugar - 5 tablespoons,
- Garlic - 3 cloves,
- Vegetable oil - 10 g,
- Dried garlic - 10 g,
- Spices - to taste.
- For cooking I take the filet of chicken. Cut into several large pieces.
- I put sugar and salt in a plate. I mix. Roll the bird from all sides with the mixture. I put in the fridge for 3 days under the yoke.
- I spread the spices in a plate (I prefer hops-suneli and ground red pepper). Stir with vegetable oil, getting a paste.
- Liberally grease fillet pieces with a paste mixture. I sprinkle dried garlic on top.
- Chicken with spices put in a special package for baking.I tightly wrap, but I make several holes.
- I put the package in the slow cooker. I turn on the mode "Quenching". Cooking time for basturma is 60-75 minutes.
It will turn out incredibly tasty. Be sure to try it!
Cooking chicken basturma by drying
- Fillet - 700 g,
- Salt - 2 tablespoons,
- Ground coriander - 1 tablespoon,
- Black ground pepper - 1 tablespoon,
- Hops-Suneli - 2 tablespoons,
- Vodka - 40 ml.
- Chicken fillet carefully my, cut into large pieces. Wiping a paper towel.
- I shift in a deep cup. Salt generously. I put a lid on it and put it in the fridge for the night (12 hours).
- Wash the bird from salt. I rub vodka from all sides. Roll the chicken in a mixture of hops-suneli, coriander and pepper.
- Wrapped in cheesecloth. From above I press down and send to the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After the impact of the press, flat pieces of meat are obtained.
- I pierce the breasts. With the help of a needle and a thick thread, I make some simple devices for hanging. I place the chicken on the kitchen hood. Drying time - from 3 days. The longer the term, the drier and denser the meat.
After drying, I send the basturma to the fridge.Cut into thin slices and serve.
Basturma from chicken fillet with nutmeg
- Chicken - 800 g,
- Salt - 400 g,
- Black pepper - 6 peas,
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Cumin - half a teaspoon,
- Nutmeg - half a teaspoon,
- Spices - to taste.
- Thoroughly wipe my breast and wipe dry.
- I take a deep pan, put salt on the bottom, spread the chicken on top. I add polka dots of black pepper and a laurel. Gently roll the meat.
- I clean the refrigerator for the night (hours 10-14).
- In the morning I take it out and wash it. I rub with a mixture of spices (you can take ground peppers or hops-suneli). Be sure to add nutmeg.
- Sending chicken to the dryer for 6-8 hours. The optimum temperature for preparing basturma is 30-40 degrees.
Helpful advice! Replace the dryer can be an ordinary oven. Leave the door of the pre-heated household appliance ajar.
Recipe for turkey with wine and brandy
- Turkey (breast) - 1 kg,
- Sugar - 20 g,
- The salt is 500 g,
- Chaman - 5 big spoons,
- Garlic - 4 cloves,
- Chile - 1 thing,
- Bay leaf - 1 piece,
- Coriander is half a teaspoon,
- Carnation - 1 piece,
- Wine - 25 ml,
- Cognac - 25 ml.
- Wash turkey breast under running water. I remove the film. Cut into pieces.
- In a deep food container (sudochka) I mix a large amount of salt (not all) with seasonings. Pour brandy and wine.
- I roll the turkey and sprinkle salt on all sides.
- I tightly close the lid and leave in the kitchen at room temperature for 12 hours.
- I take out the meat, wash it several times and dry it with kitchen towels.
- Roll up fillet pieces in cheesecloth. Spread on a plate and send in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Strongly soaked gauze must be replaced in a timely manner. I turn over the turkey pieces several times during cooking.
Delicious and juicy turkey served chilled in chopped form.
Basturma and pastrami
Pastrama is a dish consonant with basturma in name, but with fundamental differences in the cooking process. Food is common in Moldova and Romania. When cooking, beef or pork is used.
The main differences from basturma are in the processes of smoking and roasting. Pastrama undergoes special heat treatment. According to the traditional recipe basturma rubbed with spices,aged under pressure, then suspended and remains in a well-ventilated area from several days to three weeks.
Prepare basturma at home, because at home it will be tastier and more nutritious than a store product.
How to become smarter - be smarter
Poems on Teacher'
How to keep the petals of roses and other flowers
How to make a blind area around a barn on an uneven site
When will include heating in Volgograd in 2015