How to cook an unusual crumble of apples and other fruits?
If you like pastries, but do not like long and tiresomely to prepare the dough, then make an unusual and very mouth-watering dessert - crumble. It has a lot of filling and very little dough, so it's not only tasty, but also harmless to the figure.
What is it?
What is crumble? This dessert comes from the UK, which appeared there during the period of English colonization. In fact, it is a pie, but not in the classical version, suggesting the presence of a filling, enclosed between two layers of the dough, but in a somewhat different and unusual.
Crumble is a fruit or berry covered with a layer of dough. But the dough is also unusual, it looks like crumbs. This is what gave the dessert such a name (from English it is translated as "crumb"). As a result, the filling is covered with crumbs of dough.
Today, crumble is popular not only in the UK, but also in many other countries. Traditionally, this dessert is served with ice cream or whipped cream.But if the role of the filling is not played by fruits, but by vegetables or even meat (this is also possible), then the dish can be served, for example, with sauces. Crumble can be a wonderful breakfast, lunch or snack.
What is the crumble made from?
The dessert consists of two main components:
- The first and fundamental - stuffing. Fruits and berries can play its role, for example, cherries, apples, peaches, apricots, cherries, plums, blueberries, gooseberries, and so on. But it is possible to cook crumble from vegetables (zucchini, rhubarb, carrots, eggplants, tomatoes, bell peppers, celery, etc.). An unusual dish can be meat crumble. But still the most popular dessert is apple crumble.
- The second component - the dough, or rather the baby. In the traditional version, it is a mixture of flour, sugar and butter. But ordinary wheat flour can be replaced by any other, for example, oatmeal. You can also use Hercules flakes. Hard cheese is often added to the crumb for vegetable krumble.
The technology of preparation is very simple and consists of several stages:
- First, prepare the filling. To do this, fruits or vegetables should be simply chopped.The degree of grinding depends on personal preferences.
- Then you need to make a crumb of dough. To do this, you can simply chop the cold butter with flour and sugar. You can also put the oil in the freezer, grate it and then mix it with the rest of the ingredients. In addition, you can mix the softened butter with dry ingredients by hand.
- The crumb is laid out on top of the filling, and then the dish is sent to the oven. If the filling is prepared for a long time, it is necessary first to place it in the oven separately for a while, and then cover it with crumbs and bake until ready.
How to cook?
We offer several recipes.
The recipe is the first
How to cook a traditional apple crumble? You will need:
- 6 apples;
- 150 grams of butter;
- 150 grams of flour;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- First prepare the filling. Peel the apples, remove the cores. Then cut them in any convenient way. But remember that too large pieces can make the dessert not too attractive, as well as increase the duration of its preparation.
- Grease the bottom of the baking pan with butter, put apples on it evenly. Then sprinkle them with cinnamon, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Now get ready to cook crumbs. Send the oil to the freezer, then remove, grate and mix with flour and sugar.
- Sprinkle apples with crumb. The layer must be uniform.
- Send the baking form to the oven, preheated to 170-180 degrees, for 20 minutes.
- Classic English apple crumble ready!
Try to make a crumble from cherries with oatmeal and nuts. To prepare you will need:
- 200-300 grams of cherries;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 1 cup of oatmeal;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 50 grams of walnuts.
- Wash the cherry well, remove the bones. Evenly lay the berries on the bottom of the baking dish, smeared with butter.
- Cook the baby. Crush the nuts, but not too much, so that their taste is felt in the dessert. Then mix the softened butter with sugar, oatmeal and nuts.
- Sprinkle cherries with cherry.
- Send the form to the oven for literally 15 minutes.
- Cherry crumble ready.
Cook an unusual vegetable crumble. Ingredients:
- 1 eggplant;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 small squash;
- 1 onion;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 50 grams of pine nuts;
- 150 grams of flour;
- 100 grams of butter;
- 150 grams of any hard cheese;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- First, prepare the filling. To do this, cut the vegetables in any way. Grind them strongly not worth it, otherwise it will turn out vegetable puree. If you want the crumble to be more tender, then clean the vegetables. Garlic can be grated or chopped in a garlic press.
- Grease the bottom of the baking dish with butter, put vegetables on it evenly, salt and pepper. Cover the form with foil and send for 20 minutes in an oven heated to 170 degrees.
- While vegetables are being cooked, make a crumb. Grate frozen butter and mix with flour. Grate cheese and mix it with crumb.
- Remove the mold from the oven, remove the foil and sprinkle the vegetables with crumbs. Send the form to the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Unusual vegetable crumble ready.
Some useful tips:
- You can mix different fruits, it will make the taste of the dessert unusual.
- If the filling is dense and cooked for a long time, then do not sprinkle it with crumb right away, otherwise the top of the cake will burn, and the middle will not have time to prepare.
- Serve hot with sauces, sour cream or cream.
Bon Appetit. Rejoice yourself and your household more often!
Polish soup with sauerkraut and egg
25th anniversary of the girl
Start your day with celery: 5 simple recipes
Actinidia: landing and care - a lot of effort, but the result is worthy
The ten most economical cars in the world