How at home to make shugaring bandage technique?
Such a method as shugaring has been known to many for quite some time, but it turns out that there are different techniques. One of them is a bandage. And how is hair removal done in this way, in which cases is it preferable?
What is this technique?
Banding technique is the removal of hair with sugar paste. It is applied in a thin layer and then removed using special bandages made of non-woven polymeric material or with strips of thick paper. The main difference between this technique and manual is the application of a thin layer to large areas and removal not with the help of hands, but with the help of special devices.
The advantages of bandage technology include the ability to process virtually any part of the body, as well as reducing the duration of the procedure (compared to manual techniques). For a short period of time, you can remove all the hair from a fairly large area.
In what cases would such a technique be appropriate?
Banding technique will be appropriate and preferred in the following cases:
- Thin, dry, sensitive skin. The impact is minimal and short.
- Removal of the so-called fluff hair, that is, thin. At the same time, their density can be practically any. But even hard and rather thick hair can also be removed in this way, but at the same time the paste consumption will increase.
- Significant length of hairs.
- The presence of some defects on the skin surface, for example, spider veins, scars, stretch marks.
- Extensive treatment areas, such as legs. This technique allows you to remove a large number of hairs at once.
- Treatment of severely sweating areas. With manual technique, the evolving sweat will interfere, and with a bandage zone just will not have time to sweat.
- Inaccessible and invisible areas, for example, deep bikini, inner sides of hips. If part of the hairs can remain with the manual technique (they can simply not be seen and skipped), then the bandage shugaring will allow you to remove them completely.
What is required for the procedure?
To carry out the shugaring procedure using bandage technology, you will need:
- Special set for shugaring. It includes several spatulas for applying paste (usually they are disposable), as well as polymer bandages. If there is no such set, it is possible to use a plastic knife for application (its reverse side). And to remove the paste, you can apply strips of cloth or rather thick paper. But the fabric can absorb the paste, which will significantly increase its consumption. And the paper may just rip when removed. So it is still better to use polymer strips, as they are durable and do not absorb weight.
- Shugaring paste.
What kind of pasta will do?
How to choose a paste for shugaring? It is advisable to buy ready-made, as it is hypoallergenic and has an optimum density. For bandage technology suitable mass is not any consistency. It is better to use a soft or medium, it will be applied evenly and easily distributed over the surface.
Pay attention to the composition of the paste. It can include glucose and fructose (these components replace ordinary sugar), sugar, and also some other components, for example, additives that have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects or slow down hair growth.But it is better to choose a completely natural mass without synthetic substances.
How to make pasta?
To make shugaring paste at home you will need:
- 6 teaspoons of sugar;
- 2 teaspoons of water;
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- To begin with, mix sugar and water in a metal container.
- Put the container on a slow fire, stir the sugar.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, and the mixture begins to thicken and darken, add lemon juice.
- Hold the mixture on the fire for about 5-7 minutes to get the necessary consistency.
- If the paste seemed too thick, you can add a little water. If the composition was liquid, then you need to add sugar.
How to prepare the skin?
Special preparation is not required, but the length of the hairs should be about 3-6 millimeters, so if they are longer, then trim them using a trimmer or a clipper. In addition, it is undesirable before the procedure to sunbathe and visit the solarium.
How to conduct?
How to make sugar hair removal? Banding technique shugaring is carried out in several stages:
- First you need to prepare the skin.To do this, treat it with a special professional lotion with disinfectant effect or any antiseptic, for example, "Miramistin" or "Chlorhexidine". Next, it is desirable to slightly sprinkle the treatment area with talcum powder or baby powder, this will increase the adhesion between the paste and the skin.
- Heat the paste. You can do it on a water bath or in a microwave oven. The temperature of the mass should be approximately 37-40 degrees.
- Now apply the paste with a spatula. It is necessary to make drawing against growth of hair, it will allow to lift hairs slightly and to firmly capture them with paste. If there is no spatula, you can use your own hands, wearing rubber gloves.
- Put a retaining strip on the applied layer in such a way that a free edge is left, which can be grasped during removal. Lightly press the strip to fix it on the paste.
- Now with one hand grab the free edge of the strip, and the other slightly pull the skin next to the strip, so as not to injure it and make the procedure more rapid and painless.
- Now, with a sharp movement, remove the bandage strip.This should be done in the direction of hair growth in order to avoid severe injury to the follicles and hair ingrowth.
- Leftover paste must be removed with warm water.
How to care for the skin after the procedure?
After shugaring it is desirable to disinfect the skin with an antiseptic. During the day, do not use any cosmetics. You can then use a moisturizer.
For several days it is not recommended to visit swimming pools and saunas, this can lead to irritation.
Are there any contraindications?
The use of bandage shugaring technique is not recommended for exacerbation of skin diseases, as well as the presence of wounds, ulcers, moles, papillomas or varicose veins in the treatment area. It is worth to be careful with diabetes, heart failure and a tendency to bleeding.
Follow the basic rules and you will succeed!
How to sharpen knives
Order clothes at Stoic
A do-it-yourself luminous nightlight
False alarm or x hour: how to distinguish training fights
These watches are like a portal to another reality. They can be made from the simplest materials