Dermoid ovarian cyst
This is a female disease, unfortunately, today, according to statistics, every fifth woman who has a cyst was diagnosed.
This type of neoplasm refers to germ cell tumors of a benign nature.Dermoid ovarian cyst, photoUltrasound can be found on the network, is a kind of embryo, formed through cell mitosis. It is this way of education that relates the dermoid cyst to the class of true tumors.
Causes and features of the disease
The causes of the dermoid cyst are still being studied. According to one of the theories known in medicine, the hormonal system contributes to an increase in cyst formation, but this is not the reason for the initial appearance of the disease. At the same time, there is no connection between the behavior of the tumor and the woman’s menstrual cycle. So the widespread theory is far from perfect and requires further refinement. The basic version of the appearance of a cyst says that such abnormalities in the body are due to impaired tissue differentiation at the time ofembryogenesis.
The dermoid cyst is formed in the child's body. It is characterized by slow development. Signs of its existence may not appear for decades. Climax,pregnancyor puberty can provoke a sharp increase in the tumor, which will allow her to discover herself duringultrasound diagnostics. During the formation of the dermoid, three embryonic layers participate:
- internal (ectoderm)
- outer (endoderm)
- mean (mesoderm).
Dermoids usually form in the region of one ovary (right or left) and are considered benign tumors. In rare cases, such tumors flow into squamous cell carcinoma.
Dermoid consists of three layers:
- · The first layer contains skin scales, neural tissue, and neurocytes;
- · The second one consists of tissue elements of bone, muscle, cartilage, fat and fibrosis;
- · The third is the tissue of the salivating and thyroid gland, bronchial epithelium and gastrointestinal.
The walls of the dermoid cyst, although very thin, but strong and elastic. These properties appear due to connective tissues in the tumor.The long leg and the lack of joint adhesions with the skin surrounding it makes the dermoid always moving.
Symptoms of a dermoid ovarian cyst
You should go to the clinicif you experience these symptoms:
- · A aching pain in the lower abdomen. As a rule, it appears when a cyst has grown to 5 cm.
- · With a tumor size of 10 to 15 cm, a woman is accompanied by nagging pain in the lower abdomen;
- · The oppressive feeling that the stomach is bursting has appeared;
- · There may even be an increase in the size of the abdomen;
- · Frequent urination;
- · Constipation or diarrhea;
- · High body temperature, accompanied by unbearable pain in the abdomen;
- · Due to the mobility of the cyst, an acute abdomen clinic may appear. This is a sharp pain with an echo in the leg, nausea, pressure loss, tachycardia and fever.
From the above, we can conclude that the manifestation of symptoms of the dermoid cyst is associated with the size of the formation. Specialists note that while the size of the cyst is less than 5 cm, the woman does not experience any discomfort.
Classic Oatmeal Cookies
Tropical style decorations for those who want a vacation
Possible options for how to divide an apartment in a mortgage during a divorce
How to cook trout in the oven - 11 step by step recipes
Trends of autumn 2017, or what will be fashionable in six months