Chocolate wine - a delicious and trendy drink
Real gourmets are experts not only in food, but also in drinks. Many people appreciate wine, and there are such varieties that will surprise anyone. For example, it's worth trying an unusual chocolate wine.
What it is?
If you think that chocolate wine is a new and modern product, then you are greatly mistaken. For the first time such a drink was invented back in the 18th century, and the British, with their impeccable taste, drank it with pleasure. Now the combination of tart wine and aromatic chocolate is considered especially fashionable and sophisticated.
How to make chocolate wine? Initially, for its preparation, red wine or port wine was mixed with chocolate, adding sugar. But the characteristic notes of the drink can be purchased using other methods. For example, sometimes they appear during maceration, that is, the insisting of the mash on the mash (these are the hard components of grape berries, that is, what remains after pressing). Phenolic compounds are transferred from the skin to the drink,which give a characteristic flavor and a pleasant taste. Another method is the use for insisting in a special way of burnt barrels.
How to make a choice?
If you are lucky enough to find an amazing drink in the store or in the wine department, then do not rush to take the first bottle. How to choose a truly exquisite, fragrant and tasty chocolate wine? Pay attention to a few points:
- Tara. The ideal and only possible option is, of course, a glass bottle that preserves both flavor and aromatic qualities. Strengthen the protection of darkened walls, they will prevent the ingress of direct sunlight on the drink. The volume of containers, as a rule, is 750 ml, this is a certain standard.
- Bung. For clogging up wines, wooden corks are usually used, which do not allow the drink to fizzle out, but at the same time allow a certain amount of oxygen to flow in from the outside, which allows for natural “breathing” as well as “growing up”. But chocolate wine is often closed with metal lids, and this is also permissible, because they retain chocolate notes and allow you to enjoy them to the fullest after opening the bottle.
- Composition.It should also be studied. In the first place should be, of course, red wine. Diligent producers indicate the grape variety used for production. Also, the composition should include chocolate, and natural, made from cocoa beans with the addition of whole milk. Sugar is added to the beverage to provide sweetness. In addition, used and preservatives, extending shelf life. The most common is sulfur dioxide. In small doses, it is safe and harmless.
- Brand There are not so many brands of chocolate wine, so it is worth considering a few. The first is “Choco Vine”. The drink is made in the Netherlands from high-quality French wine and no less exquisite Dutch chocolate. The strength is 14%. The preparation is kept secret, but the recipe was obtained after numerous experiments. It is not recommended to mix this wine with sour drinks, it can curl. The second brand is Cocoa di Vine. It is worth noting the pleasant vanilla and caramel notes, as well as a delicate chocolate and milky taste, in which the wine is almost not felt. The alcohol content is 14%. The structure includes South American cocoa beans, as well as several varieties of wine. The third brand is “Chocolate Shop”.The drink has a pronounced cherry-scented aroma, complemented by notes of cocoa and vanilla. Fortress is 12%.
How to prepare a drink at home?
There are several options for making chocolate wine, two are discussed below.
This recipe involves the use of wine as a base, which is quite logical.
- a bottle of red wine (in the original recipe it is recommended to use “MasAmielMaury”, but you can pick up something similar);
- 170-180 ml of milk (preferably skim);
- about 80 grams of dark chocolate.
- Pour the wine into an enameled pan and bring to a boil.
- Now the most interesting moment: set fire to the match with a match, wait until the flame burns out.
- On low heat, pound the wine until it thickens (the volume should be reduced to about 150-200 milliliters).
- Chocolate must either break, or cut, or grate.
- In a separate saucepan, boil the milk, put the chocolate in it, stir it to dissolve.
- Now gradually pour the boiled wine into the chocolate-milk mixture, constantly stirring the composition.
- Next, bring the entire mixture to a boil, and then whisk with a mixer or blender.
This cooking method is more simple. Here is what you need:
- 8-10 tablespoons of cocoa;
- half a glass of milk;
- 40-50 ml of cognac or rum;
- half a cup of red wine;
- a pinch of cinnamon.
- Separate the egg yolk from the protein, mix it (yolk) with milk, add cocoa and whisk everything well using a mixer or whisk.
- Cognac should be mixed with red wine, adding cinnamon.
- Next, combine the two compounds, mix them thoroughly and whisk together to create an airy foam.
- Serve a drink!
If you have not yet tried the amazing chocolate wine, then make sure to correct it!
Zeyn Malik spoke about his relationship with Gigi Hadid
How to let go of love
Sharon Stone has laid out the main instinct screen test
Prince Harry decided on a hair transplant
Named the most favorite TV shows of Russian TV viewers
How to cook hummus - 5 step by step recipes
Kaleria - fluffy home flower