6 week of pregnancy: description, fetus size, sensations
What happens to the fetus at 6 weeks gestation?
There are two ways to determine the duration of gestation: embryonic and obstetric. And on the term of 6 obstetric weeks, the baby turned only 4 weeks old. This is due to the fact that the obstetric term for determining pregnancy begins from the moment of the last menstruation on the calendar of the woman. It is then that the egg, which will become an embryo, begins its development. Only two weeks later, she is ready for fertilization and leaves the follicle. Sperm are given one day for fertilization. And if this happens, then begins a long process of development from the embryo to a full-fledged baby.
Many people have seen what a single grain of black pepper looks like. It is of this size that the germ is now. Its length on the term of 6 obstetric weeks is about 4 millimeters. Weight is no more than 4.5 grams. In this case, the baby looks completely disproportionate:
- The head is very big.
- The body is elongated and has a tail.
- Instead of arms and legs, only tiny rudiments can be seen.
- Instead of fingers, the embryo has only tubercles.
- The germs of the future genitals appear.
- Muscle tissue of the child begins to develop.
Although the child is now very small, the internal systems in his body develop every day. The heart of the baby is already able to do 140 beats per minute. Determine the frequency on this period is possible only with the help of the ultrasound diagnostic apparatus.
Already at this time, the baby bends where there will later be knees and elbows. The embryo has small cartilage. Over time, they will become harder and turn into real bones.
The unborn child is already beginning to develop an inner ear. And the neural tube becomes the baby’s nervous system at the embryonic stage.
The embryo at the 6th week of pregnancy already has the following internal organs:
- A heart.
- Stomach and pancreas.
- Thymus or thymus gland, which will be responsible for the immunity of the child.
Organs are still imperfect.Most of them will develop for a long time. But at this time it is important that they appeared in the baby.
What changes occur in the body of a pregnant woman?
6 obstetric week of pregnancy is only the beginning of the first trimester of pregnancy. If the pregnancy proceeds normally, childbirth will occur only at the end of the third trimester. Now a woman only gets used to the idea that she is pregnant. Presumably, only four weeks have passed since conception, and the woman's body is already functioning in a new way. Externally, the future mother is changing slightly. May slightly swell the chest. Very often, women throughout pregnancy notice breast sensitivity. Especially the nipple area. A pregnant woman may notice tingling in this area and an increase. It often happens that even the color of the nipples and areola becomes much darker than before pregnancy. Do not be afraid of this. After the woman gives birth and breastfeeds the baby, the nipples will become lighter and smaller.
The belly of a pregnant woman will not begin to increase soon, but the size of the uterus is already changing. The baby needs enough free space.The size of the uterus on this period is the same as that of the average orange. A woman can already feel that the muscle tissue in the lower abdomen begins to stretch. Such sensations are considered normal if they are not accompanied by severe pain. Coercion should be irregular. A pregnant woman should definitely tell about her obstetrician-gynecologist. If such sensations cause severe discomfort, the doctor may prescribe muscle-relaxing drugs. For example, no-shpa. The dosage is discussed with each patient individually.
At 6 weeks of pregnancy, the development of a very important organ in the life of the baby and the pregnant woman, the placenta, continues. Its existence is possible only during pregnancy. The state of the placenta will be monitored by specialists at all stages of pregnancy. After all, the proper and trouble-free development of the baby depends on its proper functioning. After birth, the placenta is separated and exits. As soon as the pregnancy is over, this organ becomes unnecessary for the woman. But with a new pregnancy, the placenta again appears and goes through several stages of its development:
A woman with the onset of pregnancy may experience weakness and irritability. Frequent cases of manifestation of excessive emotionality. Perhaps the relatives of the pregnant at this stage will be difficult. After all, they will fall upon a storm of emotions of a pregnant woman.
Toxicosis in early pregnancy
In many pregnant women, the 6th week of pregnancy is associated with an unpleasant symptom - toxicosis. It occurs because of a sharp surge of hormones in the body of a woman. As a result, the following symptoms may occur:
- Aggravation of smell. Most smells in women can be perceived very negatively. It is also interesting that some seemingly unpleasant odors can make a woman's persistent desire to smell them. At the same time, it is unrealistic to predict which addictions may occur in a pregnant woman.
- Changing eating habits. A pregnant woman may suddenly want herrings with jam, cucumbers with fruit salad or any other seemingly incompatible products. Also, a woman can dramatically fall in love with such products that previously caused hostility.
- Nausea is a common symptom of a pregnant woman. It can last the entire first trimester.You can reduce it with the help of salted foods, water with lemon, bread crusts. Many women find their way to relieve nausea during pregnancy. It is important to understand that if you do not eat in a timely manner, then nausea will only worsen.
- Vomiting. If a woman is sick no more than 4 times a day, then this is considered normal. If the frequency is higher, then you should consult a doctor who monitors the course of pregnancy. It may be necessary to hospitalize a pregnant woman in a hospital to save the pregnancy. High probability of dehydration due to frequent vomiting. In addition, a woman can not eat normally, and her body is not saturated with nutrients.
What you should pay attention to a pregnant woman?
Now a woman should be registered in the antenatal clinic. The obstetrician-gynecologist will conduct the pregnancy. At the first stage, women are given special cards for pregnant women. One of them is constantly kept in the women's clinic, and the other is in the pregnant woman's arms. All data are entered into it, including biometric indicators, results of analyzes and ultrasound examination.
At this time, it is advisable for a woman to go for an ultrasound scan in order to be confident in the normal course of pregnancy.If the embryo is attached not in the uterus, but in the fallopian tube, then a critical situation may arise. Also at this time, the ultrasound doctor will be able to determine if the pregnancy is developing and if the child’s heart beats. A pregnant woman can find out if she bears one or two babies.
Now it is important to monitor the secretions. Normal are transparent or slightly whitish without any strong odor. If a woman finds that her discharge has an unpleasant smell or an abnormal color (white, yellow or green), then this is a good reason to contact your gynecologist as a matter of urgency. Such secretions suggest the presence of infection. Most often, a pregnant woman is prone to a fungal disease called candidiasis or thrush. But abnormal discharge can talk about other sexually transmitted diseases.
If a woman has bright scarlet discharge, it is urgent to call an ambulance. Emergency care must also be called in if a woman experiences acute pain in the abdomen.
Professionally preparing cocktails
How to achieve customer loyalty
How to lose weight with activated charcoal
Stew with Potatoes, Corn and Cheese
How can I hide regrown roots without resorting to full hair coloring I want them to get some rest from the paint))
How to plant an orchid